Sponsored

Looking for a security camera

None2Slow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium, Performance package
My mother in law has a neighbor that is constantly calling the police about her dog. Everything from its barking, to aggressively menacing behavior. The dog is in house most of the times, only to be let out in the morning and evenings for bathroom purposes. The fellow neighbors do not see this behavior. The neighbor that's calling the police has filed a complaint that now is going to court and is asking to put a lien on her house. Also wants the dog to be removed. She is looking for a way to record what is going on in her backyard. Other neighbors have seen him taunting her dog, but there is no evidence other than the word of neighbors. Does anybody know of a camera system that is not cloud based or has to be hardwired? Thinking of maybe a trail camera, but something that records 24/7 for days at a time. Thanks ahead in advance.
Sponsored

ExtantPuzzle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
I got a ring floodlight cam about a month ago, I know they make battery operated versions. The motion sensing is great as well. Picture very clear.

OP
OP

None2Slow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium, Performance package
The police officer that served her suggested that she get a camera, record for as long as possible with as few breaks in the timeline. This neighbor has been using fowl language to very young kids to adults. The officer also suggested that she is as inconspicuous as possible so as to catch him taunting the dog and throwing items. Somebody said that there is a trail camera that does this with an optional battery pack and sd card. Anyone know about this?

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Get a Blink XT2 - they're wireless (battery powered) so very easy to install without the need to route power source to them. Motion activated and work well. I have two and they have been working very well.

It is cloud based but you can download and save the videos if you need to.

Sponsored

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
Get a Blink XT2 - they're wireless (battery powered) so very easy to install without the need to route power source to them. Motion activated and work well. I have two and they have been working very well.

It is cloud based but you can download and save the videos if you need to.
Just installed these myself. You do need WiFi though.

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
Oh, geez. I just saw that this thread is ancient.... oh well.

I have the arlo cameras. You will need wifi to set them up, but you can store all videos locally on the smart hub base station. No need to host on their cloud unless you want to. I use their cloud, and capture time and view ready videos is instantaneous. The cameras use long life batteries and the resolution is amazing. Personally, I would not set them to record 24/7, but closer to the time periods the dog is in the yard. Each camera can be programmed individually to whatever time period you want and let the motion detectors within the cameras do the work. maybe get 2 or 3 and place them in discrete areas, like in a tree or high up on the house soffit.
No wires, waterproof/weatherproof, capture video AND sound extremely well.
I have the arlo Pro 4 cameras, which record 2K HDR. They have 4K cameras as well, but that is overkill. The neighbor sounds like a real sweetheart.

Arlo Essential Spotlight Camera | Affordable 1080p HD Security Camera
Sponsored

Last edited: