Sponsored

Exhaust options.

Speedbump

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None yet
I got my car today. After a few trips through town, in my opinion the exhaust note is a bit on the weak side. Even in track mode it leaves something to be desired. My 19 Gt with the AWE Touring cat back system made the car sound so good and to me, it sounded way better than the GT500 does.

has anyone released an axleback kit? I do enjoy having the active exhaust function and would like to keep it.
Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Considered a resonator delete?

hoot12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
wes
Vehicle(s)
2020 gt500 Black
Look into kooks. They got some stuff I believe.

hoot12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
wes
Vehicle(s)
2020 gt500 Black
Corsa and stainless works both are developing kits as we speak. That I know for a fact.

Sponsored

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,
Exhaust is too quiet yikes how many miles have you driven the car? The factory exhaust is more than substantial imo. And I have the Hellcats and they are quiet in comparison as far as interior noise. The Mustang interior noise is loud and I have hearing aids with severe hearing loss lol. And yeah not bashing ya but Iā€™d keep driving her before I jumped. And yes sure make her loud as hell but you canā€™t carry a conversation in the car lol. A salesman did a YouTube video of my car when she arrived and started her up and a dealer car 50 feet away alarm went off.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I did a Steeda-H pipe (which replaces the resonator) in my GT with the AE, it's fantastic. Retains the relative adjustability, Quiet is still very quiet, Sport is absolutely screaming, Normal is about where the sport used to be (don't even use Track any longer), plus with the H, it retains a deep, burble, and makes crazy sounds on decel (with the car in S+ mode with the A10).

Also, zero drone on the highway which was a must for me.

OP
OP

Speedbump

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None yet
Exhaust is too quiet yikes how many miles have you driven the car? The factory exhaust is more than substantial imo. And I have the Hellcats and they are quiet in comparison as far as interior noise. The Mustang interior noise is loud and I have hearing aids with severe hearing loss lol. And yeah not bashing ya but Iā€™d keep driving her before I jumped. And yes sure make her loud as hell but you canā€™t carry a conversation in the car lol. A salesman did a YouTube video of my car when she arrived and started her up and a dealer car 50 feet away alarm went off.
Yes the exhaust is on the quiet side. While I do not have hearing sides, Iā€™m sure my hearing loss is not helping me.
the car is super quiet.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
..the car is super quiet.
Speed: That certainly hasn't been my experience and I have quite a bit of hearing loss. Hell, I HAVE to start her in Quiet mode, even during the day because if I start in Sport or Track, my neighbors would not be happy.

Meraki Autoworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP
The only parts we have available right now are Kooks products. Other than that everything else is being developed.

Let us know if you're interested in any parts from Kooks!

-Josh

Sponsored

GattmanLA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Shelby GT500 (SOLD)
One thing Iā€™ll say is as you put in the miles the exhaust opens up a fair amount. In the few miles I was on the track (850-1000) the exhaust note changed considerably!! So be patient. But if youā€™re still not happy at 1000 ā€˜ilea make some changes.
I installed the Lethal Performance res delete. Itā€™s a simple install and looks great and really opens up the flow of the exhaust. It makes the exhaust a little louder and deeper but more so it changes the tone to be a little harder, releasing more noises like pops and crackles on downshift or overrun, and on WOT sounds pure RACE car!

Little to no Power increase... though this may be subjective depending on circumstance. But I literally dynoā€™d, Installed, and dynoā€™d again. Max power stayed at about 673 whp on 91 gas. Others have seen about a 5 whp gain.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
OP, in case you didn't see it I did a writeup on Lethal's resonator delete.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...t500-stainless-steel-resonator-delete.136134/

Little known fact, the resonators on the GT500 are the exact same resonators that are used on the GT350.

GT500 top, GT350 bottom.
20200211_172222-X2.jpg

The X sections are different with the GT350 diameter coming in at 2.5" and the GT500 diameter is 2.75". The GT500 gets necked down just after the X (GT350 doesn't), goes into the resonator, and then both bump back up in diameter for the remainder of the cat back.

MagnaFlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550
We don't have an axleback yet, but do have a carbon-fiber-tipped catback that retains the active exhaust feature and more products in the works!

Guts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT500
My advice for the 500 anyway....would be to wait for a full header kit instead of cutting the factory pipes. That's just me though (and what I would do if I had one and was going to modify)