Sponsored

SHOW ME YOUR STRIPES for Convertibles - What do you have or have planned??

Fangi0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
GT Base PP2
Thanks!

On 18-19, there are two small brackets that are spot welded to the front structure that need to be changed (Doesn’t apply on 15-17). Other than that, everything is bolt on. The OEM parts total was about $6300.00. That included everything, including all of the fasteners, etc., and side skirts.

Would have been about $700 cheaper with the regular GT350 splitter/grill/etc.

R Brakes, spindles, axle shafts, exhaust, supercharger kit, steering wheel, Shelby airbag, wing, stripes, Katzkin interior, shifter kit, and wheels, was another 18k.

Total invested with paint was about 26,000. Car cost me 41k, so i have about 67-68k in the completed car.

I have the new wheels on it now.
519C4EA5-633E-4246-9F89-5A0F29936E1B.jpeg
Gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing.

Akins Ford did for me the front OEM GT350 (no R) conversion --I got the parts myself, but cost me about $11K total, OEM lights and everything included; mind if I ask where you got yours from, for future benefit?
They hit a snag with the wiring harness, and needed to get a GT 15-17, btw. They also didn't recommend sealing side skirt holes for the GT350 badge with epoxy and offered to solder them; I ended up buying the GT350 badges as the 5.0 ones in black (a beauty, btw) do not fit.
Sponsored

Tentwentyone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT Vert. 18 911 GT3
Gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing.

Akins Ford did for me the front OEM GT350 (no R) conversion --I got the parts myself, but cost me about $11K total, OEM lights and everything included; mind if I ask where you got yours from, for future benefit?
They hit a snag with the wiring harness, and needed to get a GT 15-17, btw. They also didn't recommend sealing side skirt holes for the GT350 badge with epoxy and offered to solder them; I ended up buying the GT350 badges as the 5.0 ones in black (a beauty, btw) do not fit.

Thanks!
I got all the parts from G-Stone Motors up here in VT. I had an agreement with them that if I bought the car, they would sell me all the parts at 10% over cost. I am a little surprised that regular pricing would push the parts cost up to 11k, but also not really surprised at the same time.

I was split on my decision to keep it fully OEM on the headlights. They were the only part I did aftermarket, but I liked the look of them, and it saved me $500.

The only wiring difference I ran in to was on the lower turn signals/fogs. Everything else plugged right in. I ended up ordering the OEM connector blocks, and made adapter pigtails so that I wouldn’t have to cut any wiring or change the harness.

I had the same internal fight with myself on the badging. Ultimately, I just went with the ford performance badges to cover the holes. I was also pretty close to filling them before painting, and skipping the badges entirely. I was going to TIG them, although soldering works excellent as well.

Did you sell all of your OEM GT parts? I had pretty good luck listing all of those on EBay, and got a little over $3k backon the body parts, and almost 4k back on all the chassis components (knuckles, brakes, springs, struts, control arms, sway bars, wheels, axles, driveshaft, etc. etc.

After selling all that stuff, my cost on the car is back down into the mid 50s. Got almost half of the money back selling that stuff to folks with banged up or broken GTs!!

519C4EA5-633E-4246-9F89-5A0F29936E1B.jpeg

WOW... impressive my friend!!!!
As a GT350 owner who was REALLY wanting an AC Cobra kit car because of the open air ride... you have the best of both worlds!!!
Well done.
Thanks! It was a fun project! I had a 350R before this, but I also own a GT3. So I have a canyon carving coupe, and it’s nice to have the open air option when I want it.

I do miss the rev happy 5.2 sometimes, and seriously considered doing a full driveline swap as well. But ultimately, the Whipple Charged 5.0 is a monster, and the 5.0 is pretty bulletproof. Decided to stick with it for now.....

Fangi0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
GT Base PP2
Thanks!
I got all the parts from G-Stone Motors up here in VT. I had an agreement with them that if I bought the car, they would sell me all the parts at 10% over cost. I am a little surprised that regular pricing would push the parts cost up to 11k, but also not really surprised at the same time.

I was split on my decision to keep it fully OEM on the headlights. They were the only part I did aftermarket, but I liked the look of them, and it saved me $500.

The only wiring difference I ran in to was on the lower turn signals/fogs. Everything else plugged right in. I ended up ordering the OEM connector blocks, and made adapter pigtails so that I wouldn’t have to cut any wiring or change the harness.

I had the same internal fight with myself on the badging. Ultimately, I just went with the ford performance badges to cover the holes. I was also pretty close to filling them before painting, and skipping the badges entirely. I was going to TIG them, although soldering works excellent as well.

Did you sell all of your OEM GT parts? I had pretty good luck listing all of those on EBay, and got a little over $3k backon the body parts, and almost 4k back on all the chassis components (knuckles, brakes, springs, struts, control arms, sway bars, wheels, axles, driveshaft, etc. etc.

After selling all that stuff, my cost on the car is back down into the mid 50s. Got almost half of the money back selling that stuff to folks with banged up or broken GTs!!
Oh that was great! I bought the car from the same dealer that ended up doing the conversion but obviously didn't get to do that combo deal. It comes actually to $15K+ at MSRP. I was able to bring it down by about $5K buying from Auto Nation White Bear Lake. I got a minor discount from them.

I love your headlights. You also saved on core charges (probably included in said $500).

Yes, about similar issue here, and about similar fix route --as I was told, I am incompetent in these matters.

Your side badge looks great, btw --I didn't know it was an option. I was able to find it online after I saw yours. I went out of my way to de-badge the car before this conversion just to end up with the GT350 moniker on each side...

I have not yet, but I am planning to do so. Great to hear that you did, and got some money back!

Thanks! It was a fun project! I had a 350R before this, but I also own a GT3. So I have a canyon carving coupe, and it’s nice to have the open air option when I want it.

I do miss the rev happy 5.2 sometimes, and seriously considered doing a full driveline swap as well. But ultimately, the Whipple Charged 5.0 is a monster, and the 5.0 is pretty bulletproof. Decided to stick with it for now.....
^^THIS. I don't have a GT350 for side-by-side reference, but I am sure that, in terms of pull and power, your Whipple Charged 5.0 is in another league vs your GT350... am I rite??

13razorbackfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I just have these plain old stripes, but I love them. :)
I have a black 2018 and is that a flat black stripe? Looks great. I'm thinking of changing out the stock 18" wheels on my premium and want the 20" graphite wheels that comes with the performance pack and adding stripes to match the graphite wheel color. Just thinking out loud

Sponsored

Hilfloskind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Ecoboost Convertible - Kona Blue
I just picked up a 2018 Kona Blue EB Vert. Bright metallic green wide stripes with matching pinstripes and door stripes OTW from Big Worm for install next week. Super excited!

Copperhead73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible PP1, A10, Mag, B&O, A/E, S&S
I just picked up a 2018 Kona Blue EB Vert. Bright metallic green wide stripes with matching pinstripes and door stripes OTW from Big Worm for install next week. Super excited!
That will be a very interesting combo...pics when it's done, please!

Hilfloskind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
That will be a very interesting combo...pics when it's done, please!
Most definitely will! I'll take before and after shots for comparison. I set my digital cluster and accent lighting to match the same theme already.

Copperhead73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible PP1, A10, Mag, B&O, A/E, S&S
I was really close to pulling the trigger on gloss black, but that Cervini's GT500 style hood has me holding up.

Hilfloskind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Had some delays finishing up, but the car is now ready! Vinyl provided by Big Worm Graphix, install done by Eclipse Tint out of Mt Juliet, TN. Fantastic quality vinyl and excellent install work. Absolutely love the finished product.

Bonus walk-around video:

Sponsored

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
Some really awesome stripes this week!!

Congrats to the owners!

CVCashmere

ManyfordsnoMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT convertible Magnetic 10 spd auto loaded; '04 Maruader SC, 1970 442 W30 Convertible, 2014 Fusion Energi
Added some stripes just to get out of the house. I really like the look, gloss black with silver pin stripes. First time using vinyl, not perfects and wasn't real happy with how the front bumper turned out but from five feet away you can't tell. I think these cars look great with or without stripes. But really like how the black stripes goes with Magnetic.

front stripes.jpg

ManyfordsnoMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT convertible Magnetic 10 spd auto loaded; '04 Maruader SC, 1970 442 W30 Convertible, 2014 Fusion Energi
back end done

rear stripes.jpg
Sponsored