Sponsored

Anyone running Livernois Tunes?

eli.krahulec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Is anyone running Livernois Motorsports tunes on their GT? I'm liking the severe windstorm bundle but looking for real world reviews
Sponsored

Azul Assasin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list
I have a Livernois tune on my 2018 f150 and 3 of my friends got tunes from them as well. The customer service is really terrible and 2 of my friends had problems with their tunes. One of the tunes was so bad it blew his motor with only 7k miles. I live in Michigan that's why I used them but I will never get another tune from them.

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
Lund and don't look back. I've seen a few too many horror stories regarding Livernois.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
Lund and don't look back. I've seen a few too many horror stories regarding Livernois.
Seems the prevailing current wisdom is that Liversnois is pretty good on Ecoboost applications but to stick with Lund, PBD, or Sean with AED on anything else.

Full disclosure I had a Livernois tune on my 2013 Taurus SHO and it was rock solid.

Sponsored

OP
OP

eli.krahulec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Thanks, I'll definitely change direction on my plans.

I'm not looking for anything that would be more problematic than effective. I'll probably stick to Lund or PBD as they seem like they'll be able to do what I want.

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
Seems the prevailing current wisdom is that Liversnois is pretty good on Ecoboost applications but to stick with Lund, PBD, or Sean with AED on anything else.

Full disclosure I had a Livernois tune on my 2013 Taurus SHO and it was rock solid.
Thanks for the kind words on the Taurus, glad to hear you enjoyed the tune!

We do also offer a ton of great tunes for the Mustangs as well including the 2.3L Ecoboost , GT 5.0L, and the Shelby GT350 as well. The 2015 and newer 5.0L GTs for example have seen gains in upwards of 60 wheel HP and 55 WTQ with the Windstorm severe CAI, tune, and Evenflo thermostat bundle the OP mentioned on 93 octane fuels.

Then for 5.0L and 5.2L owners we do also offer true E85 Flex fuel tuning for even more power that is able to adjust on the fly for changes in ethanol content as needed without having to change tunes or add any additional injector upgrades or ethanol sensors. And with the new Mycalibrator touch tuning devices you can monitor the ethanol content of your fuel right on the tuner's display in real time. Here's a video example below of flex fuel tuning in action here on dyno.

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
Thanks for the kind words on the Taurus, glad to hear you enjoyed the tune!

We do also offer a ton of great tunes for the Mustangs as well including the 2.3L Ecoboost , GT 5.0L, and the Shelby GT350 as well. The 2015 and newer 5.0L GTs for example have seen gains in upwards of 60 wheel HP and 55 WTQ with the Windstorm severe CAI, tune, and Evenflo thermostat bundle the OP mentioned on 93 octane fuels.

Then for 5.0L and 5.2L owners we do also offer true E85 Flex fuel tuning for even more power that is able to adjust on the fly for changes in ethanol content as needed without having to change tunes or add any additional injector upgrades or ethanol sensors. And with the new Mycalibrator touch tuning devices you can monitor the ethanol content of your fuel right on the tuner's display in real time. Here's a video example below of flex fuel tuning in action here on dyno.

Those seem like pretty high numbers from just an intake and tune. Are those numbers to the wheels?

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
Those seem like pretty high numbers from just an intake and tune. Are those numbers to the wheels?
Yes these newer Coyote cars pick up a very significant amount of power, especially with the larger JLT tune required or Windstorm severe tune required type of cold air intakes. These advertised performance gains are indeed at the rear wheels and are the maximum gains usually which means it's one specific area usually under the peak that had the largest distance between the stock and custom tunes possible when on our chassis dynos. These pulls were done on a Dynojet AWD chassis dyno shown in the included video.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
I've been happy with my 93 tune for almost 3 years now … have the Severe CAI sitting in the basement - may just need to test that out again but the car's running so awesome as it is I hate to mess with a good thing.

Sponsored

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
I've been happy with my 93 tune for almost 3 years now … have the Severe CAI sitting in the basement - may just need to test that out again but the car's running so awesome as it is I hate to mess with a good thing.
Thanks for the kind words Lou, glad to hear you've been enjoying the tune! There are different tunes needed for running a stock air box versus the severe version of our Windstorm which is a custom tune required not off the shelf version, so let us know if you'd like to verify you have the correct tune files before throwing that intake on if you are not certain. Otherwise the car's usually throw system too lean codes with a larger MAF sleeve and no tune adjustment to take this into account.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I ran their flex fuel tune prior to going FI. Drivability and transmission behavior was excellent. My heavy 401a car run 11.6 ETs easily on E70 in less than perfect conditions. Their tuner displays pertinent engine info as well as ethanol content.

I am sure a dedicated E85 tune would be faster but the flex was more practical for me. I was 100% satisfied with my tune whether running 93, E85 or any mixture.

If they offered tunes via email for FI applications, I would use them for sure.

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
I ran their flex fuel tune prior to going FI. Drivability and transmission behavior was excellent. My heavy 401a car run 11.6 ETs easily on E70 in less than perfect conditions. Their tuner displays pertinent engine info as well as ethanol content.

I am sure a dedicated E85 tune would be faster but the flex was more practical for me. I was 100% satisfied with my tune whether running 93, E85 or any mixture.

If they offered tunes via email for FI applications, I would use them for sure.

Are you able to data log from their tuner for revisions or just a check up on the car?

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Are you able to data log from their tuner for revisions or just a check up on the car?
Yes to both. I had 3 revisions before we considered it perfect for what I wanted.

When I get a custom tune from VMP or PBD for my FI set-up, I will get an nGauge, though. Livernois' tuner will be a paperweight at that point. That is a drawback with Livernois and their tuner.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
There are different tunes needed for running a stock air box versus the severe version of our Windstorm which is a custom tune required not off the shelf version, so let us know if you'd like to verify you have the correct tune files before throwing that intake on if you are not certain.
Already have it loaded on the MyCalibrator. :)
Sponsored