Sponsored

Getting to know the 2020 Shelby GT500 (video)

OP
OP
Goose17

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Many Mustangs (collector)
Hi my friend Tim; May I ask what is the name of the company that you spoke about with the mud flap protectors??? I watched the entire 54 minute video and just want to tell you that its tremendous and I got alot out of it. I learned a whole bunch. My car was scheduled to be built on March 23rd week as you know it got pushed back due to the Covid-19 situation. I have patience and truly understand. We are in "Lockdown Mode" here in Omaha. Our Mayor said we may only go out to the grocery store, gas station, pharmacy, or for a Medical appointment. I hope this finds you "SAFE & SOUND" Tim. Let me know about those mud flap protectors. I hate rock chips. And I just also want to say a "BIG THANK YOU " to you for making this video. I do wish the battery compartment was just a little easier to get to as I have to use a battery tender from late Nov. to late March. Iam getting the same exact color combo as you have Tim. Plus Iam getting the handling package, technology package, and carbon dash. Love that Rapid Red with the black stripes.
Hello Chuck! Thanks for the kind words. You are going to love the car... it’s fabulous and well worth the wait.

As for the mud flaps. I was working with ZL1 Addons in CA. They sent me some GT350 flaps and I confirmed they did not work on the GT500... the holes are different. I then created a template and mailed it to them, but they opted to wait until they can get a 2020 GT500 in their shop to work on the fit and finish. Whenever that happens, they’ll produce a mud flap for the 2020 GT500. In the meantime, I got a set of JLT foam rock blockers you see in the video. They work well, but I still want a full flap for the front.

When I first got the car, I put painter’s tape behind the front wheel to keep from getting chips. I kept that in place until I got the clear bra done and added the rock blockers. I would suggest doing the tape thing as well when you first get the car if you don’t have a rock chip solution already on hand. Lots of pebbles get thrown into that area from the front tires.
Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Hello Chuck! Thanks for the kind words. You are going to love the car... it’s fabulous and well worth the wait.

As for the mud flaps. I was working with ZL1 Addons in CA. They sent me some GT350 flaps and I confirmed they did not work on the GT500... the holes are different. I then created a template and mailed it to them, but they opted to wait until they can get a 2020 GT500 in their shop to work on the fit and finish. Whenever that happens, they’ll produce a mud flap for the 2020 GT500. In the meantime, I got a set of JLT foam rock blockers you see in the video. They work well, but I still want a full flap for the front.

When I first got the car, I put painter’s tape behind the front wheel to keep from getting chips. I kept that in place until I got the clear bra done and added the rock blockers. I would suggest doing the tape thing as well when you first get the car if you don’t have a rock chip solution already on hand. Lots of pebbles get thrown into that area from the front tires.
This is what I did for front flaps. I have the JLT foam coming as well, but I like having a flap to prevent rocks getting flung down the side of the car.

Jmeo's 2020 GT500 Build

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500

Thank You again Tim. You are the man!!!!!! Stay safe and healthy.
Sponsored