Odd smell when doing WOT hard pulls

BLKIGHT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Hey, can anyone tell me if they had this problem. This past week, there was smoke coming out the ac vents early in the morning with the defroster/heater was on. Today with those on, the smoke was coming out of the right side of the hood and had a buring sort of rubber smell to it. I took it to the dealership to get it looked at. What do you guys think it could be?
Sponsored

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
^ Sounds like your car was about to go up in flames. Dealer will tell you.

BLKIGHT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Hey, can anyone tell me if they had this problem. This past week, there was smoke coming out the ac vents early in the morning with the defroster/heater was on. Today with those on, the smoke was coming out of the right side of the hood and had a buring sort of rubber smell to it. I took it to the dealership to get it looked at. What do you guys think it could be?
^ Sounds like your car was about to go up in flames. Dealer will tell you.
Yeah it was value cover gasket leak

scotty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Its occurs every hard pull I do . I've only owned the car since December . Couple months . Seems to have always done it
I've only been doing more pulls now that it's a bit better weather
Mine does the same thing and has for quite some time. Seems to be a common theme. I should note that this is not the rotten egg smell that you'd normally attribute with failing cats. I'm thinking it has something to do with the Cat protection strategy in the PCM, but I could be wrong... to me it smells like the cats are working really hard and possibly can't keep up at WOT.

I've been tempted to just pull the stock manifolds and cats off and install a set of LTH and call it a day... but I'm not to that point yet, especially with all this BS going on in the world right now.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
I smell e85 after long pulls with the windows down
Sponsored