Evil_E

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR293
Brand new 2019. My good luck I guess?
So is mine. And isn't it the fact that the factory uses Too much thread locker the issue? Not whether or not they use it. I thought that was known fact.

Voodoo GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP, 2019 GT350 & 2023 Ford Raptor
Ouch. I suppose that's your sign that you need an MGW.
That's a whole new topic. So I ordered and received a MGW shifter last week and then I started reading a recent thread that talks about how difficult it is to get it in reverse. Well... my wife drives it occasionally and although she works out a lot, she's not big girl and this would likely be an issue for her :( So I went ahead and ordered the Ford Performance short shifter which I'm receiving tomorrow. So now I have a back-up, I guess? What a fricken cluster!!!

OP
OP
Spart

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
That's a whole new topic. So I ordered and received a MGW shifter last week and then I started reading a recent thread that talks about how difficult it is to get it in reverse. Well... my wife drives it occasionally and although she works out a lot, she's not big girl and this would likely be an issue for her :( So I went ahead and ordered the Ford Performance short shifter which I'm receiving tomorrow. So now I have a back-up, I guess? What a fricken cluster!!!
I don't find it difficult to get in reverse, but talk to George or someone at MGW. The springs for the lockout are internal to the shifter and I believe you can swap or omit some of them?

marky1628

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
marcus
Vehicle(s)
bmw m2
Hi All,

Love the OP's shift knob, could someone let me know the information needed to order? I have OEM shifter,.

Thank you in advance.

Mahalo.

Sponsored

trevman2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT3fiddy
I ordered the weighted Billetworkz Sledge. Its great so far - takes a minute to get used to. I wanted something bigger because I don't like my fingers overlapping on the shifter - yeah, maybe a little weird, but ya know... She weighs in at 964 grams, just over 2 lbs, so getting into reverse on the MGW shifter is easier now.

Anyways, heres a few pictures:

upload_2020-4-13_16-23-59.png

upload_2020-4-13_16-24-20.png

upload_2020-4-13_16-24-47.png

Last edited:

Unclenard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
@Spart thanks for posting the info and images! I just ordered a Billetworkz and can't wait to get it. I'll post up a pic once I get it and installed.

OP
OP
Spart

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Awesome man. I feel like my car wouldn't be complete without it now!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Spart

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I'm a terrible mechanic, is it an easy install
Yes, ish. If you already have an MGW shifter it's actually easier.

Because this knob uses a jam nut, it can be tricky to align with the OEM pull-up collar. But it's not bad, you'll get it.

The worst thing that can happen is that your stock knob is stuck on. It's lefty-loosey and I got both my GT and GT350 knobs off by hand, but sometimes (rarely) it takes a strap wrench to get off.

Joe Mac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT 350
Yes, ish. If you already have an MGW shifter it's actually easier.

Because this knob uses a jam nut, it can be tricky to align with the OEM pull-up collar. But it's not bad, you'll get it.

The worst thing that can happen is that your stock knob is stuck on. It's lefty-loosey and I got both my GT and GT350 knobs off by hand, but sometimes (rarely) it takes a strap wrench to get off.
Thanks, i'll be ordering one

gt350grant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Is everyone installing these with the jam nut + adapter?

I received my knob today(it looks and feels excellent btw) and went to install it. With the addition of the jam nut the knob sat up kind of high, so I gave it a shot with just the adapter. The adapter bottomed out on the shifter and I got the knob aligned where I wanted it.

My worry is that the only thing keeping the knob + adapter from moving is friction(or tension from the adapter bottomed out on the shifter).

Do I just suck it up and install the jam nut with it, even if it sits a little higher?

See pic for current install height(just the adapter nut). It looks similar to @Bcobb85 in post #84 of this thread.

IMG_4672.jpg

OP
OP
Spart

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Wish I had a good answer for you, but mine is installed on an MGW shifter. I used MGW's OEM knob adapter, which functions as a jam nut.

Evil_E

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR293

I received my knob today(it looks and feels excellent btw) and went to install it. With the addition of the jam nut the knob sat up kind of high, so I gave it a shot with just the adapter. The adapter bottomed out on the shifter and I got the knob aligned where I wanted it.

My worry is that the only thing keeping the knob + adapter from moving is friction(or tension from the adapter bottomed out on the shifter).

Do I just suck it up and install the jam nut with it, even if it sits a little higher?

See pic for current install height(just the adapter nut). It looks similar to @Bcobb85 in post #84 of this thread.

IMG_4672.jpg
I’ve had mine installed without a jam nut since day one. I used a washer sanded down to the perfect thickness to tighten it down nice and snug with perfect alignment.
No issues at all and it’s never moved.
Sponsored