"Adaptive Cruise - Driver Resume Control" Warning

ajavadov

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adil
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I have Mustang GT PP1 2019. Every time when car comes to stationary mode (even not using ACC), warning about adaptive cruise control pops up for 3 seconds and goes away and it says “Adaptive Cruise - Driver Resume Control”. It was like that when I bought the car with 5 miles on odometer. I thought that it was probably something that I can fix through display. I took it to ford and they said that, they never saw something like that but it is normal. So it does not make any sense and ford continued being ford. I uploaded photo of it, but could not upload video that I recorded to show it. Does anyone had that problem in their 2018+ mustangs? How you fixed it? What was the problem about?
mustang_ACCprob.jpg
Sponsored

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Do you actually use the adaptive cruise? If not, go into the setting and turn it off the system will revert to a normal cruise control then.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
That’s only supposed to pop up if you take your hands off the wheel for too long. This is not normal behavior

OP
OP
ajavadov

ajavadov

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adil
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
That’s only supposed to pop up if you take your hands off the wheel for too long. This is not normal behavior
Does your show that warning sign only when you take your hands off the wheel for long time? Cause mine says “put your hands on steering wheel” when it is off for too long.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I took it to ford and they said that, they never saw something like that but it is normal.
Did whoever said that have a lot of cuts and bruises? Because they must get beat up a lot just on general principles.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I have Mustang GT PP1 2019. Every time when car comes to stationary mode (even not using ACC), warning about adaptive cruise control pops up for 3 seconds and goes away and it says “Adaptive Cruise - Driver Resume Control”. It was like that when I bought the car with 5 miles on odometer. I thought that it was probably something that I can fix through display. I took it to ford and they said that, they never saw something like that but it is normal. So it does not make any sense and ford continued being ford. I uploaded photo of it, but could not upload video that I recorded to show it. Does anyone had that problem in their 2018+ mustangs? How you fixed it? What was the problem about?
mustang_ACCprob.jpg
Maybe you tripped an automatic cancellation. The Owner Manual doesn't specify what the message might be (I'm looking at a 2018 OM), just that you get one.

Automatic Cancellation
Note: If the engine speed drops too low, an
audible warning sounds and a message
appears in the information display
Automatic braking releases.
The system does not operate below
12 mph (20 km/h).

Norm

OP
OP
ajavadov

ajavadov

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adil
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Maybe you tripped an automatic cancellation. The Owner Manual doesn't specify what the message might be (I'm looking at a 2018 OM), just that you get one.

Norm
What do you mean with automatic cancelation? I could not find it on owners manual too.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
What do you mean with automatic cancelation? I could not find it on owners manual too.
Cruise control pages 166 - 172 The dash message pertains to auto braking (page 169)

The system applies the brakes to slow your vehicle to maintain a safe gap distance from the vehicle in front. The system only applies limited braking. You can override the system by applying the brakes.
If the system determines that its maximum braking level is not sufficient, an audible warning sounds, a message appears in the information display and an indicator flashes when the system continues to brake. Take immediate action.

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Should be on page 169. The downloadable 2019 manual is dated May 2018.

Bike beat me to it. I had to download the 2019 manual to make sure it said the same thing as the 2018 OM that I already had.

Norm

ireminisce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Yeah this. I actually had a freak of nature situation like that happen with mine a few weeks after I got it. I wanted to test launch control and my shift light, took it to a back road on the way home and ran it up. After I bounced off the rev limiter i got messages in car and on my phone that some of my systems were disabled due to a malfunction or something. Since that incident, they kept popping up every once in a while, launch control disabled, traction control disabled, etc.. When i took my car in for the first oil change courtesy of the dealer, the mechanic said he popped the fuse out for a few seconds and put it back in. I havent had any messages pop up on mine like that since. I did have to redo my FordPass Connect though but no problems other than that since. Maybe find the fuse and pop it out?

OP
OP
ajavadov

ajavadov

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adil
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Should be on page 169. The downloadable 2019 manual is dated May 2018.

Bike beat me to it. I had to download the 2019 manual to make sure it said the same thing as the 2018 OM that I already had.

Norm
On page 98 it shows the same warning that I posted and it says "The adaptive cruise has reinstated controls to the driver.". But this thing happens to me every time when I am coming to stationary mode without ACC. What I mean is for example I drive in the city not using any cruise control things and it pops up when I am coming to stationary mode. I guess it is probably wiring issues with brake pedal and ACC.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Does your show that warning sign only when you take your hands off the wheel for long time? Cause mine says “put your hands on steering wheel” when it is off for too long.
These are not self driving cars (there's no such thing yet available to the masses). Lane keep assist and adaptive cruise are safety enhancing features only. You should never take your hands off the steering wheel. That said, I've not seen that message on my '18 and it has adaptive cruise and all the other safe and smart package items.
Sponsored