Sponsored

GT500 style front bumper on MY2018

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo

spydrhawk26

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Miguel
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, Velocity Blue
Vehicle Showcase
They also have other parts available including the GT500 style rear valence either with or without chrome tips. As well
side skirts, trunk spoiler to name a few.

https://www.i-5autohaus.com/shop

https://video.wixstatic.com/video/2f5252_de823945213b46ffbf5a24544c4af593/480p/mp4/file.mp4
Yup, been keeping an eye on them. I chatted with them in February and they also told me that they were bringing the GT500 hood to the 18+ models around April. This was before the outbreak though so who knows now.

Elvis66

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT ..2014 Camaro ..72 Chevelle ..67 LeMans..97 4runner..2001 tundra
They also have other parts available including the GT500 style rear valence either with or without chrome tips.
As well as side skirts, trunk spoiler to name a few.
There other companies sell the same parts half the price..for the rear valence with the chrome tips and the side skirts

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Really like this . Looking to do one on a 15 that has the dreaded unfixable gap.
Also been looking for a bumper that will let me add an aftermarket oil cooler and looks like this may work since it has the open vent in front .

I like that this guys took the time to make the video .
Anyone have experience with them ?
https://www.i-5autohaus.com/product-page/2020-gt500-conversion-bumper-15-17

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
No experience with them. I think the bumper is made from the same company but sold thru different venders. Do they offer to have it painted? If not Ikon Motorsports has an option to have it painted.

****Edit I see they do offer painting******

Sponsored

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
I looked on Ikon and did not see the pre-painted option (may be I did not look hard enough )

Do you know how much Ikon charges to have it painted ?

The link I Posted above is about $100 cheaper shipped and looks like $600 to paint . That sounds about right and what I paid to have the aftermarket one on my 18 painted locally .

spydrhawk26

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Miguel
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
No experience with them. I think the bumper is made from the same company but sold thru different venders. Do they offer to have it painted? If not Ikon Motorsports has an option to have it painted.

****Edit I see they do offer painting******
Just a heads up, according to Ikon: "Unfortunately we currently are not offering custom painting." I'm assuming it's because of the current outbreak. When sending my replacement center piece I asked to pay extra for painting it gloss black and this was their response.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
I looked on Ikon and did not see the pre-painted option (may be I did not look hard enough )

Do you know how much Ikon charges to have it painted ?

The link I Posted above is about $100 cheaper shipped and looks like $600 to paint . That sounds about right and what I paid to have the aftermarket one on my 18 painted locally .
You have to ask them for the option of painting. I called them when I placed my order. The painting option was $600. Total was $1599 shipped free. Looks like they’ve stopped painting for the time being or stopped selling them altogether? Not sure.

Juslaxn25

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
just got mine in today, I ordered a few weeks back, painted parts were very well done! a bit of a mystery to put together all the loose parts and panels, but not too bad... paint was still soft and box still had smell of paint, so they must have pulled it from paint booth and shipped it asap!
I'll add more pictures and reviews as I get it all put together for those that are curious about install, look, fitment, etc...

Juslaxn25

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
just got mine in today, I ordered a few weeks back, painted parts were very well done! a bit of a mystery to put together all the loose parts and panels, but not too bad... paint was still soft and box still had smell of paint, so they must have pulled it from paint booth and shipped it asap!
I'll add more pictures and reviews as I get it all put together for those that are curious about install, look, fitment, etc...
picked mine up straight from the Ikon website btw..!

Sponsored

Juslaxn25

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Buttoning up final do dads tomorrow.
2782687D-7305-495D-B096-F88D2036623D.jpeg
28BDD203-C5FF-421F-8456-684D06A43638.jpeg
definitely looks super clean on the silver...!
may message about some of the smaller tabs and parts to help me with install.. if your able!
looks great!

Juslaxn25

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
anyone speed test this? after putting mine together, I'm wondering the speed tolerance of some of the panels.
I don't do 100+ often, but will be moving to Germany in a few months and the autobahn may have surprises for me and this bumper.
anyone attest to the speed limitations?

spydrhawk26

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Miguel
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
anyone speed test this? after putting mine together, I'm wondering the speed tolerance of some of the panels.
I don't do 100+ often, but will be moving to Germany in a few months and the autobahn may have surprises for me and this bumper.
anyone attest to the speed limitations?
Haven't gotten to yet. Only had mine garaged 1 day before I damaged my door backing out of the garage. Been sitting ever since :crying:

dannexo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2018
So I'm waiting on Ikon to replace my center piece because they sent the stamped version to my shop instead of a blank like I asked. I also haven't replaced my stripe yet because of fresh paint, but here are a few shots and one with some photo enhancements of the future changes.
20200321_182202.jpg
20200321_182147.jpg
20200321_190622.png
I have a little question. I noticed a difference between the two bumpers I've seen on your Mustang and Keiferson22's. On the picture attatched you can see some kind of different plastic, looks way better on your (red) than the black one, isn't it the same? Both bought of Ikon? Why does the plastic look cheap on the black one?

I'm about to order one from Ikon as well but I want my plastics to look like yours.

poorquality.png

spydrhawk26

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Miguel
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have a little question. I noticed a difference between the two bumpers I've seen on your Mustang and Keiferson22's. On the picture attatched you can see some kind of different plastic, looks way better on your (red) than the black one, isn't it the same? Both bought of Ikon? Why does the plastic look cheap on the black one?

I'm about to order one from Ikon as well but I want my plastics to look like yours.

poorquality.png
On both bumpers, that area has a texture to it. On Keiferson22's bumper, he had Ikon paint it and they painted that section with a gloss black. The gloss plus the texture gives that effect. On mine, I had it shop painted and I asked them to leave that area unpainted. It closer matches the splitter and kennards below it. I opted for that method to closer match the stock GT500's. Hope that helps.
Sponsored