Sponsored

what new mods actually give real performance?

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
I dyno tested all my mods.
For thing.
Catback DOES GIVE YOU WHP
BORLA ATAK 3' is 12-14whp ( same gain billy johnson had in his car )
Tune 91 oct. 10whp
Tune 96oct ( road course usage ) 22whp
JLT (i have the video) : extra 20whp. (Some people will say in daily drive IAT will be higher which will vanish the major flow)
Have fun and be safe
Sponsored

TRPCANA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
CAI w/o tune = small gains VS. CAI with tune = ??? gain?
CAI, tune H pipe ?? gain?
will a GT350 Throttle body fit on the 19 GT? anyone done that and what did it take?
Anyone here ever added a light weight drive shaft to eliminate one of the most sluggish rotating mass items on the car?
Lethal performance did alot of testing with this, so has PBD and Lund. Consensus ends up being for the majority of NA cars, stay with the stock airbox and a drop in dry flow filter. You wont make the crazy advertised gains that these intakes claim.

As far as GT350 TB, i think its been done, and would require tuning, but theres really no point in messing with the stocker, you wont out-flow it NA. Driveshafts have been done to the 1 piece, its a fairly common mod you can search for on here, plenty of results.
GM-Numbers-Whipple-864.jpg

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
If you’re not going boosted and can find a reliable and cost-reasonable gear installer, 4.09’s. Absolutely noticeable improvement. Equivalent to adding 40 ft-lbs of torque when going from 3.73’s to 4.09’s.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Getting back to my original questions here. reading my questions from earlier, i specifically said "I'm more than likely NOT going to axle backs as it gets obnoxiously loud". dont know why people jump in and say this exhaust will shave a 10th of a second. when did i say anything about going to the drag strip? anyway.

CAI w/o tune = small gains VS. CAI with tune = ??? gain?
CAI, tune H pipe ?? gain?
will a GT350 Throttle body fit on the 19 GT? anyone done that and what did it take?
Anyone here ever added a light weight drive shaft to eliminate one of the most sluggish rotating mass items on the car?

these are really the questions Im looking to get answered. not trying to argue just trying to get solid input with positive explanations as to how and why. Wildhorse, If you've got 30 years of experience, then you should be more than knowledgeable and able to educate a new member on these forums =)
First, does your car have an A10 (automatic) or M6 (manual)? With the gearing on the M6 on MY18+ cars, the suggestion of gears (see post #19 above above) isn't a bad idea (A10, just leave it alone).

Also, do you have the Active Exhaust option? You can swap out the resonator for an H or X, and still run it quietly when you want. I mean, you can do that on a non-AE car too, but of course, you won't be able to dial it back.

CAI in a MY18+, I'd personally skip it, just get a $50 panel filter for the stock airbox. I'd also forget about the GT350 TB, doesn't make any sense with the MY18 intake manifold which is excellent BTW.

So a panel filter, or if you really want, a CAI + resonator replacement, will pick up a few HP, sounds better, and it's cheap.

If you're OK with a tune, that's where you're going to net your biggest gains, and yes, it will increase the gains from the other mods a bit. A good 93 tune is noticeable, especially if the tuner changes the shifts on an A10, a Flex or pure E85 tune really wakes theses cars up.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Now this I'm betting you won't see any increase at all. Let alone if you can find somebody to tune it without all kinds of idling problems. But go ahead if you want. IF your looking for N/A increases like 500 RWHP, prepare to spend a lot of money. E85 tune, Cobra Jet intake manifold. mono or twin TB, cams but if going LM cam stick with the INTAKE cam, comp stage 3's are da bomb, you got a 19 so no need for injectors, but definitely upgrade to a return style fuel system. list goes on and on. Horsepower is how fast you can get air into, then out of an engine. Period. So LT is a must.

Now 93 tune + CAI depending on the tuner 20-40 hp almost all tune, very little CAI, the 18+ airbox is very good. Why fuck with it. But in Traffic with IAT's getting up there with the CAI it'll kill so much timing you'll lose a ton of power.

Wildhorse, If you've got 30 years of experience, then you should be more than knowledgeable and able to educate a new member on these forums =)
Sure. Supercharge it.

Sponsored

ddeluce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT California Special with Power Pack 1
I installed Ford Performance's Power Pack 1 on my 2017 GT/CS. This is a mild modification (new tune, high flow air filter) but makes a noticeable difference. Throttle response is improved, the auto trans is more responsive, and there is more low end torque than before. For street cars, I think it is worth the investment ($600 installed). I had it installed by the dealer so my warranty stays intact plus its 50 state legal.

blakesawyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I installed Ford Performance's Power Pack 1 on my 2017 GT/CS. This is a mild modification (new tune, high flow air filter) but makes a noticeable difference. Throttle response is improved, the auto trans is more responsive, and there is more low end torque than before. For street cars, I think it is worth the investment ($600 installed). I had it installed by the dealer so my warranty stays intact plus its 50 state legal.
Any reason why you didn't go PP2?

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
My car went from 113 mph trap to 121 mph trap with E tune, ported tb, and axle back at a track 1500 feet above sea level facing west. Obviously the E tune did most of the heavy lifting performance wise. Is the OP manual or A10...?

Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Tune that bitch, get it on e85. Best bang for buck out there. 12:1 engine will thank you for it.
If that’s not enough, start saving for a blower.
When you start looking at the dollars invested vs return in Hp, the rest of the stuff needed for a decent NA build just plain sucks.

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
Don't bother with the driveshaft. It's not rotating mass, its rotating inertia. Its where the mass is with respect to center of rotation. You'd do a lot better with a small diameter clutch and featherweight flywheel. If you have an automatic, a smaller diameter converter would help but the stall goes up as they get smaller. Too much stall with stock cams ain't so great.

Don't want a blower? E85/cai/tune. If its your DD messing with cams will make you unhappy after a point and they're big $ on these cars. Exhaust is too big a PITA for any power gain and your neighbors will hate you. I won't hate you. You live too far away....lol

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase