Long Tube Headers + Borla.. Too Loud?

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible
Good evening fellas..

Question.. I live in Vegas, and own a convertible GT.. I always always have the top down here. Already have a Borla Sport Cat-Back and it sounds amazing. I want to add LTH's for the sound and the performance... but the questions is... will it be TOO loud when the top is down? Obnoxious? Will my wife still enjoy driving with me or will it be too much?

Thanks for the input and stay healthy..
20180602_125929.jpg
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
It will be very loud...

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
It will be very loud...
From experience, it is really loud. I had a coupe so it wasnt as loud for me. My kids outside the car would tell me that it was crazy loud when I rev'ed.

eli.krahulec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
I'm running LTH and MBRP. 3" all the way with no cat's. 15 conv 6spd.

It is ridiculously loud.

I am thinking of dyna mat-ting the floor so that I can still have a convo with the wife on cruises. IF I didn't live in the country, I'd be worried about noise violation tickets all the time. I love the sound with the top down when I'm solo, but it is definitely over the top (pun intended)

Kritdonkulus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
LTH will turn it up to 11 for sound. You won't really know until you pull the trigger if it's going to be too loud for her. Especially if you decide to get free flowing headers.

I had corsa xtreme cat back on my 17 gt pp and loved them with the stock manifold. Then tossed on arh 1 7/8 in with hi flow cats, planning on a pd blower but if you're staying NA you'll probably go with 1 3/4 in, it got too silly loud for me.

I ended swaping them for corsa axleback touring, kept the double helix xpipe and love the sound. Still getting a bit of drone from the headers so have been contemplating dynamats like eli as well.

Figure out if you wife can handle almost a 50% increase in volume. Because it'll feel that way with LTH.

Sponsored

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500
Your wife may not enjoy riding with you anymore with that setup with the top down unfortunately lol. But that is very subjective to the person. I say go for it though, they sound amazing. Let me know if you have any questions or want some pricing. Lethalperformance.com

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
I had the s-types (i want to say the FP Sport and S-types are about the same) with cat deletes on my 13 and it was just about perfect imo
on my 16 i did ataks with lth and it was out of this world loud.
I really enjoyed them on my s types didnt think it was over the top.

1badrz28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Loud cruising... even worse when you put the pedal to the floor.

Devil5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I have roush axle backs + ford resonator delete x pipe + mak cat deletes and the car is unbearably loud, ESPECIALLY since I have a 2.9l whipple which only makes the car louder than an NA car with the same setup. When I mean unbearably loud, I seriously mean it. My friend can hear my car about 20 car lengths away on the freeway cruising in 5th gear at 2.5k rpm. I ordered a magnaflow tru x pipe which comes sunday, which supposedly will cut down the rasp 100% and eliminate 30-40% of the volume.

OP
OP
VegasSteve2020
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible
Your wife may not enjoy riding with you anymore with that setup with the top down unfortunately lol. But that is very subjective to the person. I say go for it though, they sound amazing. Let me know if you have any questions or want some pricing. Lethalperformance.com
Stephen,

I would like to talk to you more about this...

Sponsored

DRKHORS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang, '17 Mustang, '18 F150, '23 Mustang GT
Did this very thing and yes, it was very loud! FRPP Sport by Borla with off-road ARH headers. Obnoxiously loud. Tried the magnaflow resonated x-pipe and it neutered the sound too much for me. Replaced that with a couple of Vibrant 12" bottle-style resonators and found that to be perfect for me. Still relatively quiet when you want, especially cruising at highway speeds. However, it can be very loud when you want it to be.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Did this very thing and yes, it was very loud! FRPP Sport by Borla with off-road ARH headers. Obnoxiously loud. Tried the magnaflow resonated x-pipe and it neutered the sound too much for me. Replaced that with a couple of Vibrant 12" bottle-style resonators and found that to be perfect for me. Still relatively quiet when you want, especially cruising at highway speeds. However, it can be very loud when you want it to be.
I did very similar to this to tone down Corsa Xtreme to ARH LTH. A pair of 1794 Vibrants took out the trumpety sound and calmed it down alot.

CBass2288

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sebastian
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
I’m running Corsa Xtreme with Corsa longtubes. I kid you not it’s the loudest car I’ve heard in my life. I guarantee the Borla will be similar. If that’s what you want, go for it. But just know what you’re getting into!

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Yes very loud. I have LT’s and 3” all the way back with 2 walker evans quiet mufflers and I had to add to bullitt resonators because it was so loud. It’s still to loud to talk on the phone

Devil5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Im installing the magnaflow tru x tomorrow morning on my roush axle back + res delete + mak cat delete whipple car tomorrow. What do you mean by neutered? You mean sound like stock? I made an entire thread on the mag res x pipe and everybody with the exact same setup as mine said that the magnaflow tru x took away all of the rasp, and it cut down volume by 30-40%, which is what i am looking for.
Sponsored