Sponsored

Boosted 350's come on in!

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
They sure are taking their time .lol
They have been working on the fuel system which is easier to do while the engine is out.
Exhaust manifolds and SPEC clutch
7B254F5C-9AF1-4723-BF6E-1600CE058646.jpeg
4B333926-DBF6-4AC3-BD52-7014C508354A.jpeg
Well she is alive and back home.
It’s been so long I can’t tell if it sounds any different but I know for sure I missed her (I have been daily driving my Whippled 18).

Lund wanted to break in the motor on 93 so went back to the 3.75 pulley but I now have 3.625 , 3.5 whipple pulleys as well as 3.375 and 3.25 grip tech pulleys available when it’s time for E85 and smaller pulley .
Sponsored

Vectors2Final

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
2019 BL Navi L/19 GT350 Ruby
Whipple doesn't have the Gen 5 install instructions posted online that I can find.

Does anyone have them by chance? I just ordered the system from Lethal, and I wanted to review... there are some differences from the Gen 4 kit, which also includes a fuel pump.

I didn't feel like waiting until Monday to ask, or waiting for my kit to ship. lol

-Jimmy

Cobraking00

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
03 cobra
Anyone know of real good shops in CA, AZ, or NV? I checked Brenspeed and it's a good 2,200 mile drive...one way :crying:

I wish they were closer. Might seriously consider a Whipple (or ProCharger) with the BF sales upcoming. But have to find a place I trust and can drive to. Might see if any of these recommended shops can price match Brenspeed's quote.
Light rules - did you find a shop? If not and you’re the LA area check out Gear Driven Automotive in reseda. Saul is great and has many tech articles in muscle mustangs and stuff.

Paperdude2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350, 2018 Range Rover
Whipple doesn't have the Gen 5 install instructions posted online that I can find.

Does anyone have them by chance? I just ordered the system from Lethal, and I wanted to review... there are some differences from the Gen 4 kit, which also includes a fuel pump.

I didn't feel like waiting until Monday to ask, or waiting for my kit to ship. lol

-Jimmy

Attachments

Paperdude2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350, 2018 Range Rover
I just uploaded the Whipple Ge

-Jimmy
n 5

-Jimmy

Sponsored

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
if running a whipple or procharger, how complicated a tune is it to run a flex fuel tune, allowing 91 octane or e85 or any mixture in between? anyone doing this? or are you stuck with one or the other?
Last I checked lund wouldn't do it so it must be pretty complicated. I wouldn’t mind having the choice to run e85.

Kobi Addiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT350
if running a whipple or procharger, how complicated a tune is it to run a flex fuel tune, allowing 91 octane or e85 or any mixture in between? anyone doing this? or are you stuck with one or the other?
The ProFlex Commander for the GT350 allows you to run multiple fuels and adjusts on the fly. It's a piggyback unit, so I would give some tuners a call and see what they say about tuning with that unit. See what Palm Beach Dyno or Lund can do...

Sponsored

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500
the difficulty is more Draining the tank and making sure all the 91 is out before doing your 91 tune.

it’s doable, fathouse and other good tuners do it if you have an Nguage. I know my lpf car will have a Nguage choosing between the 2 tunes and power levels (but thats on a twin turbo car)

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
The ProFlex Commander for the GT350 allows you to run multiple fuels and adjusts on the fly. It's a piggyback unit, so I would give some tuners a call and see what they say about tuning with that unit. See what Palm Beach Dyno or Lund can do...
yeah i have the proflex commander running on my non-boosted car. works well. i've spoken with proflex about running a blower with the commander and they said definitely doable. they did recommend i upgrade to their "pro" unit which adjusts for larger injectors, etc. but when i speak with a few tuners in my area, they have never heard of proflex and arent sure how it would work. dont wanna be the guinea pig. maybe lund or PBD would know.

Last edited:

JamesR350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2017 GT, 1998 GT
Only have about 750 miles on the blower at this point. My initial reviews and comments are as follows:

Temperatures- Cylinder head temps run about 200-208
Oil Temps- Oil temps run about 195-200
Oil pressures- 75-100 (similar to original factory set up)
Drivability-The car is insanely fast, very responsive....the torque curve is very flat from 3000 rpm to 8200 biggest problem is putting all the power and torque to the ground. Not very hard to break the back end loose in 3rd gear at 4500 rpm. Have not even tried to do an aggressive standing start ....it will just spin the tires...but in any kind of a roll out say 20-30 mph it is insane. (One of my problems is the temperatures here in Western Wisconsin at this time of year doesn’t allow for the normal traction you could get with temperatures in the 70-80 deg summer conditions...will anxiously await my spring/summer driving next year.)
MPG- if you’re looking for good gas mileage don’t go with the blower! My mileage has probably dropped about 4 MPG from stock. Remember the injector size goes up from 47 to 72 lbs this results in more fuel even at the low RPM in 6th gear. But the smile you have when driving this is well worth it.

The only negative that I have seen is a little bit of a starting hesitation when the engine is cold, probably lasts about 10 sec and then everything is normal. The blower assembly and extra coolant for the inter cooler adds about 175 lbs of front end weight....this is noticeable. Running the factory springs I have lost almost 1 inch of ride height, I don’t track the car and therefore the loss of ride height is a problem for me as a driver. To resolve this problem I’m getting a set of custom made springs manufactured for the front that will return the car to factory ride height with the increased weight but will keep all of the factory rebound rates. I probably will not have them installed before I put the car away for the winter so I won’t have any real world experience with them until spring.

All in all I’m very pleased with the system.
I concur with this review. I am at 2100 miles and had my blower done at Brenspeed at 800 miles. It took me awhile to find but the hesitation you refer to at starting is by design. Whipple runs the fuel very rich a start up to warm up the CATS quicker. Some owners have taken their car to a tuner to back out that setting. I figure if Whipple designed it then it must be in their tune for good reason so I have kept mine.

biminiLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 and a few others
Running cats on this car with boost is a huge risk IMO.
FFE would be a mandatory part of adding boost on this car.
Cat durability is always the biggest limitation on OEM boosted applications.
I guess one could adapt stock GT500 or aftermarket cats, but that’s still a mod where I would rather just go FFE.
-J

biminiLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 and a few others
I concur with this review. I am at 2100 miles and had my blower done at Brenspeed at 800 miles. It took me awhile to find but the hesitation you refer to at starting is by design. Whipple runs the fuel very rich a start up to warm up the CATS quicker. Some owners have taken their car to a tuner to back out that setting. I figure if Whipple designed it then it must be in their tune for good reason so I have kept mine.
So, how do you like it boosted?
Did you have a previous 350 or just 800miles to compare?
Just asking as I’m debating a last year R with boost now or waiting on a ‘21 GT500.
-J
Sponsored