Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Every time I pop the hood I shake my head at the overflow tank. Mighty cheesy if you ask me.

Bored like many others I'm sure, I did the usual searching and this was the best-looking one I found so I'm wondering if anyone here has experience with this product or Canton products in general? Canton is a US company but one I've never used.

Here's the tank and it's also a link...
canton-tank.png
Sponsored

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Just adds weight.
I would never “upgrade” but that’s me.

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Vehicle Showcase
I went an easier route until someone comes out with a decent looking black tank. I put a Mishimoto black aluminum tank on the RS and it looked very cool. Had a glass site tube for the coolant level and everything. I do not like the look of the Mishimoto or Steeda tanks for this car. For the 500 I installed a JLT plastic tank cover. Very expensive for what it ($80) but it did what I wanted it to do and hides that plastic tank for now. I also think it blends more with the other plastic components like the air intake and fuse box than an aluminum black tank would.

IMG_0661GT500.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Roger on everything you said, Mark and thanks. I too was initially interested in a matching black aluminum tank but didn't see one I liked. However, I DO like the one in the photo, gonna have to check that out.

Yep, that cover would certainly help for the time being but I balked at eighty bones for a piece of plastic. I can spend with the best of them but some things are just too much of a stretch. :-)

Keller: The car won't notice a couple hundred extra pounds (under MY driving conditions,) anyway so I'm not sweating the weight of add-ons.

OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Dang it, I wish the forum software developers would switch to just a dot in the upper right to indicate the "OP." The blue banner messes up my graphics! <grinning>

OK, I'll flip it...

Poor girl.. <smile>

Sponsored

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The car won't notice a couple hundred extra pounds (under MY driving conditions,) anyway so I'm not sweating the weight of add-ons.
Same here, don't care about a little extra weight. The only weight reduction I have done is the resonator delete x-pipe and the wheels.

OH3Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Convertible
check with FAT HOUSE I'm sure they'll have a tank for this.

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
check with FAT HOUSE I'm sure they'll have a tank for this.
I don't like the looks of their tanks either for the Mustang and at $350 I think it is a little much for what it is.

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
I went an easier route until someone comes out with a decent looking black tank. I put a Mishimoto black aluminum tank on the RS and it looked very cool. Had a glass site tube for the coolant level and everything. I do not like the look of the Mishimoto or Steeda tanks for this car. For the 500 I installed a JLT plastic tank cover. Very expensive for what it ($80) but it did what I wanted it to do and hides that plastic tank for now. I also think it blends more with the other plastic components like the air intake and fuse box than an aluminum black tank would.

IMG_0661GT500.jpg
I did the same thing. The JLT cover does look good.
I have the Shelby American aluminum tank on my GT350. Kinda looks out of place.
Their black version looks nice. But not worth the $$: https://www.shelbystore.com/Shelby-High-Performance-Reservoir-Tank-p/cr-cc-r1114.htm
I ordered one of these, but it was initially out of stock: https://www.cjponyparts.com/califor...tank-cover-black-textured-2015-2020/p/ROFTC3/
- But they recently shipped it, so I have one on the shelf...

Nolimits88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500 2020 TO GT500 2021 GT500 CARBON PKG
I did the same thing. The JLT cover does look good.
I have the Shelby American aluminum tank on my GT350. Kinda looks out of place.
Their black version looks nice. But not worth the $$: https://www.shelbystore.com/Shelby-High-Performance-Reservoir-Tank-p/cr-cc-r1114.htm
I ordered one of these, but it was initially out of stock: https://www.cjponyparts.com/califor...tank-cover-black-textured-2015-2020/p/ROFTC3/
- But they recently shipped it, so I have one on the shelf...
Thank you for mentioning these, I ordered the CJP as it was worth the $. Hell I can have the wifey print up a nice vinyl shelby sticker and dress it up similar to the Shelby part.

Sponsored

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
Thank you for mentioning these, I ordered the CJP as it was worth the $. Hell I can have the wifey print up a nice vinyl shelby sticker and dress it up similar to the Shelby part.
The JLT version would be easier to put a nice decal on. The heat might be an issue though.

OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Their black version looks nice. But not worth the $$
Oh yeah, that's gorgeous, Don but geeze, FOUR HUNDRED BONES? Nah.

I ordered one of these, but it was initially out of stock:
I think I'll pick up one of those as well, Don. It looks SO much better and, the price is right. (Can you hear me Bob Barker and Drew Carey?) :=) "COME ON DOWN!"

OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Hell I can have the wifey print up a nice vinyl shelby sticker and dress it up similar to the Shelby part.
The heat might be an issue though.
NoLimits: Believe me, the heat WILL be an issue, i.e., no vinyl I've ever used would stand up to those temps. Even the test sheet I put on the rain tray shriveled up like shrink wrap after one drive.

Now, a printed label on paper stock would work but it wouldn't look nearly as good.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
NoLimits: Believe me, the heat WILL be an issue, i.e., no vinyl I've ever used would stand up to those temps. Even the test sheet I put on the rain tray shriveled up like shrink wrap after one drive.

Now, a printed label on paper stock would work but it wouldn't look nearly as good.
Kent, why does the vinyl decals from places like BMR (Blue Mustang Registry) work under the hood, but not your vinyl?
8473B2CF-C9D2-496F-8F58-D48AE7C61D33.jpeg

OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
I honestly don't know the answer, Jaime and I've never looked into heat-resistant vinyl so I don't even know if it exists. I do know the decals with a paper substrate would work but that requires a printer/cutter and they're mucho espensive.
Sponsored