Sponsored

Adding quad tips to the Stock premium Valance.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

Miichaelo912

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang v6, 2017 mustang gt
Good find!

Have you installed these, if so any images to share?
I was at the shop to get them installed today, however, turns out my borla ataks are 3" instead of 2.5" inlet so these tips wouldnt fit them lol. The guy i bought the ataks from said they were 2.5" so that sucks haha. But im planning to get 2.5" ataks so i can put these tips on still, just might be a little time. Also, i actually got them powder coated black.
black tips.jpg

ring23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Has anyone found a good pair of 3" inlet to 3.5" outlet tips? The AWE Catbacks are 3" inlet. Having trouble finding an affordable pair that might fit. Everything seems to be 2.5" inlet.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I was at the shop to get them installed today, however, turns out my borla ataks are 3" instead of 2.5" inlet so these tips wouldnt fit them lol. The guy i bought the ataks from said they were 2.5" so that sucks haha. But im planning to get 2.5" ataks so i can put these tips on still, just might be a little time. Also, i actually got them powder coated black.
Wouldn't it be cheaper/easier to have a shop cut down your current to fit these on with an 3" to 2.5" adapter?

Sponsored

VooDooDaddy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Did mine about a week ago. Very happy with the results, especially for $60 in parts and about 45 minutes of my time.

Big thanks to the OP.

20190924-121611.jpg

GT83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance Package
Some said that it could not be done!
Some said that I was wanting the impossible!
Some said that they were vegan!!

It was all untrue!

First, I would like to thank [MENTION=32658]N17[/MENTION] for the inspiration.

Total time from start to finish was about an hour. My total investment, since I had the tools and trim piece was around $58.00
tools needed
  • Appropriate sockets size for clamps
  • Socket wrench
  • Dremel with cutting wheel
  • Snips to clean up any rough edges
  • Steel file. To finely clean up the edges
  • Rubber trim piece (See link)
  • Center clanged dual exhaust tips of an appropriate length width and height for what you are looking to achieve.

First, here is a before and after shot.

2zi7tox.jpg

Next up, remove the stock tips.

11jby8h.jpg

This is one of the tips that I am replacing the SLP single tip with. The cost of this tip is $28.99 with shipping and is sized to slip over a 2.5" exhaust. The only issue I had was clamping it down. It had no relief cuts in the tip to allow for the clamps to compress it. So, to fix that I just made a two 1" long and 1/8th" wide slices on the top and bottom of the flange. No big deal, especially considering the quality and price.

LINK to the dual tip
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/jex-jst123/overview/

2vxpoj4.jpg

• Now I lined the tips up as best as possible and placed a few reference marks on the valance where I thought it would be wide enough, making sure to not go too large. You can always remove more material, but you can't add it back.
  • Once I did that, I freehanded the shape with a sharpie, then taped it off. The tape is to help keep you on the right path as it will help guide the cutting wheel.
  • I used 1/8th" wide tape to do the initial outline, then followed up with 1" painters tape to help keep the thinner tape planted.
  • Once I had the first side cut out, I then flipped it over and used it as a template for the other side.

2885lia.jpg

A shot of the trim piece that I used and link to where I found it on Amazon. So far I have driven the car about 40 miles, included about 30 minutes of a standstill traffic jam. There has been zero issues with the trim piece. It should be able to handle north of 250°F of direct contact, and I doubt it will ever see anything close to that.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019CUXPHS/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

21m55cl.jpg

Now install the trim piece and slip the new tip into place for a test fit. If you need to remove any more material, mark it now then remove everything and make careful cuts.

1zptu6f.jpg

Finally,
Enjoy the beauty and compliments that you get.

z1v01.jpg

-Jeff
Nice work Jeff, I want to make my car quad tips also and I was tempted to buy the MP Concept Quad Tip Valance but what is holding me is the fittment issue that people are saying on the reviews

Miichaelo912

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang v6, 2017 mustang gt
I ended up switching to 4" tips. Sorry for bad quailty on one of the pictures. I also still have the trim and no issues with it. (Also, i am selling the 3.5" tips that are powder coated black, $50 plus shipping)
tips.jpg
car rear 2.jpg
car rear 3.jpg

Sponsored

Blufc3s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stew
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Premium GT PP1, 2003 BMW Z4 3.0 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
I ended up switching to 4" tips. Sorry for bad quailty on one of the pictures. I also still have the trim and no issues with it. (Also, i am selling the 3.5" tips that are powder coated black, $50 plus shipping)
tips.jpg
car rear 2.jpg
car rear 3.jpg
They look great. Would you mind posting the link for the 4” tips. I have the SLP Loudmouth 2 as well, so they should work for me. I noted on the Summit 3.5” tips, the were 13.5” long. Are these the same?
Thanks

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
I currently have a borla s type single tip on mine. Anyone know if a borla s type axleback made for the 18+ would work with trimming the valance.

MasterCylinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(sold)17 GT
tips.jpg
car rear 2.jpg
car rear 3.jpg
Second! Where'd you get them from?

JRodSan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue GT
I cut out the surround more. It looks better but can be cut even further.
BAAEB7AC-42DE-4DBD-8C9B-2F8D421DED84.jpeg
Just did it this week and I have the trim piece but haven’t put it in yet. Anybody have any issues with the trim holding up to the edge or heat? Making sure before I put it on.
59114A16-1285-41F3-A4FF-C82B77F085DF.jpeg