Sponsored

Mishimoto catted downpipe and roush tune

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Magnetic, 2011 Nissan quest
Hi all
I have a catted Mishimoto downpipe and I am told that i would need a tune after installing. I have a roush tune I can put on. Does anyone know if the roush tune will work with this or do I need a custom Tune?
thanks
Sponsored

StealthStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Ecoboost (NX2)
I also have a Roush tune, im told it will work, but its possible if theres too few cells in the cat it could throw a check engine. Personally i didnt try it since i dont believe the cat on these cars are much of a restriction until they have a lot of miles on them.

OP
OP
Blade007

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Stealth
I reached out to the person i purchased it from and he said that he didn't use a tune and he had no issue
Fingers crossed!

What are your impressions of the Roush tune? A lot of people I asked seem to prefer the FP tune

StealthStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well the tune varies by country due to the different fuel octane ratings so mine is likely not the same as yours. Though i like it, it hits hard early and doesnt lose too much power at redline like some of the aftermarket ones do.

Elgyn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost, MT, DIB, Premium, PP
Roush tune adds a couple degrees of timing, ups the boost but keeps the stock fuel map. It'll runs rich at anything above 3500rpm. Mine dip to 9.8:1 at 5800rpm

I had a roush tune and cobb dp. It worked but not very well. Drove it for a couple days just to see what would happen. Kept an eye on the AF ratio it all over the place and not in a normal way either. Roush tune is designed for the stock DP. I'm running a pro tune now. 1000x better

Sponsored

OP
OP
Blade007

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am a split about using the downpipe or not. I have the tune and intake box installed. The downpipe I got the previous owner said he used it with no tune and it had no issues.
I got the tune, intercooler, airbox and axel backs as a package deal. I have the intercooler and cat back or turbo back to install but just trying to find the best option. I would like to use the down pipe for a better exhaust note but still not sure.
I don't race the car and I do use it for street use, no track. I do get on the throttle a bit but not much. My main concern is that I don't have warranty and would like to avoid any issues if i can
Thanks again guys for chiming in

Elgyn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost, MT, DIB, Premium, PP
If you're not wanting more power than sell the DP and keep the stock one. Less potential issues...

StealthStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have to agree with Elgyn, i was going to do a downpipe, as ive owned many turbo cars before and a downpipe is often the first and easiest point for more power.

Though the Ecoboost Mustang has so oddities running an aftermarket downpipe. The ECU really doesnt like it, you need a specific tune for it, then many of them have smoke issues on the stock turbo, and then the sound of a catless is very farty, which many people dont like.

The best time to put a downpipe I think is once you have a turbo upgrade, custom tune and ideally a PCV system upgrade (radium plate and gutted PCV). Otherwise id stay stock.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Fwiw, I have a tune+ lifetime tune, and when I.did the catted downpipe i picked up a little sound and a good amount of power.
He was able.to provide faster spoiling and no top end drop off. Lots more turbo whistle from the tailpipes.
This was of course after a tune adjustment for the pipe.
Sponsored