Problems upgrading from Sync 1.0 to 3.0

Beufort

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Braxton
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PPP
Just for what it’s worth to anyone having this problem....I bought my 16 GT yesterday and it was on version 1.0 and I tried updating it using fords instructions to no avail. Stuck on 1.0....until I found this thread and used the links R5L posted specifically link 2. Using that method editing the .lst file and installing the updates one by one did the job for me going from 1.0 to 3.0.
Sponsored

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
Thanks all, I was looking at the steps about doing a split install and as I do have the Navigation, the install is not already split up into 2. The file shows one big install so it does not say how to split that up exactly. I am familiar with coding so the syntax is not an issue, it is just since it is given as one big install, I dont see a way to break it up. I am not a big fan of the unofficial update as I do not want to brick my system
Your autoinstall is only installing 1 tar.gz file? Otherwise, what is ur autoinstall.lst?

Realistically it shouldn't brick since it is official Ford software but I get your worry.

OP
OP

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
Your autoinstall is only installing 1 tar.gz file? Otherwise, what is ur autoinstall.lst?

Realistically it shouldn't brick since it is official Ford software but I get your worry.

Okay I broke it up and was able to successfully update! But for some reason I do not see the android auto app, did the update not fully work? My version and gracenote appear to be updated

Beufort

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Braxton
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PPP
Okay I broke it up and was able to successfully update! But for some reason I do not see the android auto app, did the update not fully work? My version and gracenote appear to be updated
you have to upgrade the usb hub for 2016 to get carplay and android auto to work from what I have read. The part number for mine is 19A387. I assume the eco boost would be the same but obviously do your due diligence....

OP
OP

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
you have to upgrade the usb hub for 2016 to get carplay and android auto to work from what I have read. The part number for mine is 19A387. I assume the eco boost would be the same but obviously do your due diligence....
interesting. Even for just android auto? I remember reading we needed the usb hub for apple carplay but it was not required for AA

Sponsored

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
interesting. Even for just android auto? I remember reading we needed the usb hub for apple carplay but it was not required for AA
Plug in ur phone. Aa will work and show up. If it doesn’t, you need another usb cable.

Beufort

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Braxton
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PPP
yea totally not sure about android just thought I read that somewhere it was both. “FREEDOM” commented that it should work so there ya go lol. Don’t trust anything ya read on the internet ;)

OP
OP

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
Plug in ur phone. Aa will work and show up. If it doesn’t, you need another usb cable.
It worked! I had assumed I would be able to at least see the app without the phone being plugged. Problem solved! Thanks for the help all

R5L

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Just for what it’s worth to anyone having this problem....I bought my 16 GT yesterday and it was on version 1.0 and I tried updating it using fords instructions to no avail. Stuck on 1.0....until I found this thread and used the links R5L posted specifically link 2. Using that method editing the .lst file and installing the updates one by one did the job for me going from 1.0 to 3.0.
Glad this worked for you! Took me a week to get to this solution and 2 useless trips to Ford. They suck. Apple CarPlay is the shit it was worth the headache !! Enjoy.
Sponsored