Sponsored

Velossa Tech BIG MOUTH for 2018+ Mustangs?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RPerez6984

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
I’m in on this. I was just researching how to improve the stock CAI instead of buying a PMAS or JLT. Especially after they discontinued offering paint matching. I had Both Gen Big Mouths on my Focus ST, so I think the others are on the right track.

Remove or at least port the Grille’s Honeycomb on that side with the Snorkel, remove that trap from the bottom of the air box and grind the previous supports smooth. Add an inlet tube like the Airaid junior? Even without a tune I’m sure a drop in filter coupled with those things would be more efficient.

And if the vehicle saw tuning in the future, these modifications in lieu of spending $350-$400 on another brand CAI, I’d argue the gains would be similar. Especially when you factor IATs in stand still traffic, pits, etc. May not beat the other intakes from a roll or top end while moving. But we’re talking like what 3-5HP on a Max effort build with the 18 Mani? If that!
Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Add an inlet tube like the Airaid junior? Even without a tune I’m sure a drop in filter coupled with those things would be more efficient.
I had a Mishimoto intake tube on my '16, but the general thinking seems to be the MY18+ cars don't need one. (it's already larger/higher flow). Most of us pulled the sound tube out too, it's silly and really clutters up the engine bay.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Ohhh you live in the Ghost city. It's only a 5 hour drive :)
Well, 4 hours :D

Yeah, it's pretty spooky here, hahaha, a couple of ghost hunter / paranormal type shows listed it in the top 5 most haunted places in the US :shock:

At any rate, it's not so much the drive, it's just I'm assuming you'd need the car for at least few days, driving back and forth would be a drag, kind of got a lot of shit going to bail for a few days. I can't believe there's not a local that would let you knock around on their car, get these developed!

Copperhead73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible PP1, A10, Mag, B&O, A/E, S&S
I am interested. I assume you have to remove the front fascia to install? If so, I'll hold up til this is ready on the shitload of other stuff I need to do when the front comes off. Also, will it be available in HPPink? I see Hot Pink, but the extra "P" just a little sumthin'.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I am interested. I assume you have to remove the front fascia to install? If so, I'll hold up til this is ready on the shitload of other stuff I need to do when the front comes off. Also, will it be available in HPPink? I see Hot Pink, but the extra "P" just a little sumthin'.

You do, but I'm hopeful the redesigned fascia - specifically the side/fender fasteners being screws vs. those f-ing tabs - will make things much easier (and less prone to wrecking things ...)

Dude, matching blue on your ride would be amazing, totally remove your corners from your stock grill for max flow + visibility *BOOM*

Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Totally in!! Already have a grille that opens the area up! Also, been needing to take the facia off again to paint the metal bumper behind everything. Or will these cover that up too?
Nose.jpg

BigBeed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium 401a PP2
Sub'd

OP
OP
VelossaTech

VelossaTech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.velossatechdesign.com
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
We have a local who's going to be helping us with test fitting. However things are on hold because of you know what :(

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
We have a local who's going to be helping us with test fitting. However things are on hold because of you know what :(
Bitter sweet news. Excited but safety first!!

Question: How far forward do these inserts go? Do they butt up to the grille flush? I ask because I'm hoping these with cover the roughly red painted metal bumper behind the facia that is exposed in my MP concepts grille. See post #36 for pic

OP
OP
VelossaTech

VelossaTech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.velossatechdesign.com
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Bitter sweet news. Excited but safety first!!

Question: How far forward do these inserts go? Do they butt up to the grille flush? I ask because I'm hoping these with cover the roughly red painted metal bumper behind the facia that is exposed in my MP concepts grille. See post #36 for pic
I usually design them to go as far forward as the deepest aftermarket grille, such that the product can fit multiple grille types. However I can't guarantee that it will fit all grille types. The MP concept grille will likely be part of our grille roster though.

Best,
D

Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I usually design them to go as far forward as the deepest aftermarket grille, such that the product can fit multiple grille types. However I can't gaurantee that it will fit all grille types The MP concept grille will likely be part of our grille roster though.

Best,
D
Awesome, no matter what I'm sold on a pair when available. Without any actual measurements taken, I think the MP Concepts is near identical to the factory grille. Popped into the same lock tabs. The only real difference I noticed was that I couldn't put the black plastic baffling that fits between the grilles and in front of the metal bumper back on. Admittedly didn't try too hard to get it in there though.

Järn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, Ruby Red, A10, B&O, AE
Is it easier to remove/replace the front grill to install this, or to remove/replace the Airbox and snorkel?

I am apprehensive about taking the front grill off. That seems like a big project...
I know very little about this stuff. I have done only three things to my car, remove the sound tube, install the strut tower brace, and replace the horn.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Is it easier to remove/replace the front grill to install this, or to remove/replace the Airbox and snorkel?

I am apprehensive about taking the front grill off. That seems like a big project...
I know very little about this stuff. I have done only three things to my car, remove the sound tube, install the strut tower brace, and replace the horn.

I don't think these can be installed without removing the front fascia - you don't need to remove the grill, it's attached to the fascia. They fit in between the grill and the frame/supports.

Since you have a MY18+, removing the fascia should be a touch easier, and less prone to breaking tabs/clips like the MY15-17.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I don't think these can be installed without removing the front fascia - you don't need to remove the grill, it's attached to the fascia. They fit in between the grill and the frame/supports.

Since you have a MY18+, removing the fascia should be a touch easier, and less prone to breaking tabs/clips like the MY15-17.
+1 removal wasn't too bad at all, just take your time. Zander13's youtube video was actually helpful.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.