Sponsored

Procharged gen3- what driver side catch can set up?

drumstick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I modified my JLT 3.0 passenger side to work with my stage 1 d1x set up, now I'm looking for a driver side that will work with no modifications? I've seen some people just dump them as well but not too sure about that.
Sponsored

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500
Honestly, unless you make 900+whp, venting the driver side to atmosphere will be perfectly fine. There isn't much blow by at all coming from that side. It's mostly just the passenger side.

OP
OP

drumstick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Honestly, unless you make 900+whp, venting the driver side to atmosphere will be perfectly fine. There isn't much blow by at all coming from that side. It's mostly just the passenger side.
Thanks for the reply, I'm right at 900 actually. Can you show me what I need to unplug to vent into the atmosphere?

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500

Toy Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I run the UPR Procharger can. It’s not cheap but does a great job.

Sponsored

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
I run the UPR Procharger can. It’s not cheap but does a great job.
I run a UPR ESS "Clean Side" version.
Have either of you looked inside the intake since running this? Pull the TB off and reach in and see what you find. I have tried several catch cans (including UPRs PC one), yes it catches oil but plenty still gets by and into the intake.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I don't believe I have enough miles on the setup to have any in there. I'll check my ride when i go over 3k miles with them on, right now I probably only have 1200 with the passenger can and 1 with the CSS,

Chris Barnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
I'm running the UPR Procharger specific catch can. It has hoses that go to both valve covers. I recently had my intake of and there was some oil in there, but not a lot. Just a very thin coating in the intake ports on the cyl heads. Nothing crazy, but again not ideal. I actually get very little oil in my catch can. Over the course of 3,000 miles I might get 2-3 oz at the most. I do notice I get more in the winter for sure.

IMG_20180623_144834444.jpg

Last edited:

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
Have either of you looked inside the intake since running this? Pull the TB off and reach in and see what you find. I have tried several catch cans (including UPRs PC one), yes it catches oil but plenty still gets by and into the intake.
What is it that you find in your car's intake? In what area?

Sponsored

Andrewg

Sun, Sea, Sand and Camels
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic GT 401A
Agreed. I had the UPR Procharger specific can and still got blow by so gave up and vented using valve cover filters. Bit of mess on the valve covers so picked up a PSIProformance vented can which works really well.

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
What is it that you find in your car's intake? In what area?
Oil,,,any low spots it can collect and oil film all over.

Agreed. I had the UPR Procharger specific can and still got blow by so gave up and vented using valve cover filters. Bit of mess on the valve covers so picked up a PSIProformance vented can which works really well.
Yep went with breathers and never looked back.

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
I modified my JLT 3.0 passenger side to work with my stage 1 d1x set up, now I'm looking for a driver side that will work with no modifications? I've seen some people just dump them as well but not too sure about that.
A UPR Forced induction catch can will get the job done! Another option would be to run a crank case breather! Shoot me a message if you have any questions or would like to order one! @LethalPerformance
Sponsored