Sponsored

TVS Mustang Rough cold start

Chris Barnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Mine did the EXACT same thing. Would fire up perfect, then stutter, burp and oscillate for 5-10 seconds before smoothing out to a perfect idle. Hot starts were perfect every time. I'm not certain what he did to fix the issue, but now the car jumps to life on cold start, then settles down MUCH more quickly than it did even with the stock calibration. It's a bit weird sounding but it's better than an embarrassing stumble and oscillation! Anyway, here's the email chain from Dakota below Apparently their Whipple 2018 GT does the same thing:

Hmm, try that new file I sent. looking at log 48 and listening to the video I think it might be misfire logic. On 18 plus it's common due to the DI to get a little misfire on cold start once it detects this it enters a different logic which makes the car rich. I think this is what's making it do that. the file I sent has some updates for misfire logic.

Dakota

yea looks the same. spark actually is more retarded then it was before. IDK man it's doing the same thing they all do. our black Whipple car even does it as well.
One more thing I can try in the file attached. and yes all the WOT stuff is the same as your old files.

Dakota
Sponsored