About to install my Hpipe...any tips?

Tyeayo1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
So I have a steeda hpipe I'm going to install this weekend now that I have access to a lift. My question is: How easy is it to install it without dropping the exhaust off the hangers? Either way is no big deal, but if theres a trip to just measuring the cut, hitting it with the sawsall and slipping the new pipe in, I'd prefer doing that!

Also going to be throwing on my steeda progressive springs....any shortcuts or tips would be much appreciated. I've lowered a few cars in the past, so I'm not too concerned, but again, theres always a better way that one only learns after doing it the hard way a time or two!
Sponsored

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Taking the exhaust off the hangers is piece of cake. 4 bolts... It will be way easier to get the cut right on the ground than on the car. And if your'e putting on springs the exhaust is coming off anyway to get the cradle down.

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
I did mine on jack stands in the garage. Piece of cake. Held x/h pipe up and lined up the front then marked the cut point on rear section. Used a mini saw and cut the back pipes. Then unbolted front connections and removed resonator. Then installed my x pipe. I have the steeda as well. Love it. However, not a fan of the stainless bands they supply, they are weak. Do yourself a favor and when you mark the spot to cut, I would cut 1/4" to a 1/2" farther back. Will make lining up and pushing mufflers in some easier. Many of us had issues not doing so and the passenger side active exhaust wires would have to be repaired from rubbing through. If you have active exhaust, if not I would still do the same. My mufflers kept drooping with the supplied clamps, like angle, wouldnt stay in set position. I just installed heavy duty steel clamps as recommended on the forum. Now its perfect, really made a difference for holding them. Got them from amazon. Here is a link
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079TZ3NFW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Sponsored