Sponsored

Need to check this ASAP on your Bullitts.......

blackk3389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
'19 BULLITT#3389, '03 cobra vert#2198,2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
Mine was just like everyone else's. not on all the way. plenty of room to push it on though. clicked right into place and has been holding tight. will keep an eye on it each day and checked my buddies '16 and his was just like ours????? and has held for 4 years????. i showed him and pushed it on and clicked.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
To be fair... How many people have actually had it come off with how many cars were sold? I'm not worried about it at all as I've seen 0 reports of that. Just a couple people having a tiny drip.

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜05 GMC P/U, ā€˜17 Impala, 19 Bullitt
To be fair... How many people have actually had it come off with how many cars were sold? I'm not worried about it at all as I've seen 0 reports of that. Just a couple people having a tiny drip.
Hi - You are correct from a practical and realistic perspective. Technically however, this may be a design or quality control error on Fordā€™s part if it has resulted in this many tubes becoming partially dislodged thus increasing the potential for an unacceptable failure such as losing the use of the clutch. If making the tube an inch longer or changing the end fitting so it doesnā€™t break away as easily solves the issue, Ford should fix it. Maybe getting it to snap back in place will hold, but in the cold weather up here I canā€™t get mine to extend enough to click back in place. Being a mechanically inept person Iā€™m speculating that cold weather perhaps could cause contraction of the tube enough to keep me from making it fit properly. I donā€™t want to force the situation so the other end gets dislodged. Yes we can monitor this issue to prevent a problem, but we shouldnā€™t have to. If they goofed, they should correct it. What we donā€™t know (or do we) is whether these tubes were installed fully in place, or not, at the factory. Some warm weather up this way would be welcomed with open arms. The Bullitt has been in hibernation long enough and will be on the road as soon as the road salt residue has been washed away. My dealer told me to drop by (appt. not needed) and they will assess the issue and hopefully fix it.... Bruce

P.S. Remember, these are $50,000 automobiles. For $10G more we could have an entry level Corvette and a different set of issues!

Last edited:

rcl4668

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang - Dark Highland Green
Thanks for the heads up!

Sponsored

Shlumbug

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Detek
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I ordered the Steeda kit as well. Checked mine and it was about half way on. Tried pushing it on further and it dropped fluid instead. Stopped at that point. Hopefully the Steeda kit makes it a stronger connection. Thanks for the heads up.

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜05 GMC P/U, ā€˜17 Impala, 19 Bullitt
Hi - Today I rolled the car out of the garage after sitting there all winter. There was an oil spot under the car (see photo) just behind the driver side front wheel. I marked where it was on the car (see photo) and you can guess what it lined up with. Of course a few drops of oil on a piece of cardboard looks much worse than reality. That loose tube to the reservoir is indeed leaking, albeit minimally, and I will share the photo with the service dept. if they doubt me. I still couldnā€™t push it on as there isnā€™t enough give in the tubing so Iā€™ll impose on the dealer to fix it. So thanks for the original post as I might not otherwise have realized where that oil drip was coming from... Bruce

8C16129E-B06F-4058-BDF7-C1E8C67C1C28.jpeg
D24D2637-F1FE-4747-9692-7B43A507ECEB.jpeg

OP
OP

K3993

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt K3993 traded. 2022 MACH 1
Hi - Today I rolled the car out of the garage after sitting there all winter. There was an oil spot under the car (see photo) just behind the driver side front wheel. I marked where it was on the car (see photo) and you can guess what it lined up with. Of course a few drops of oil on a piece of cardboard looks much worse than reality. That loose tube to the reservoir is indeed leaking, albeit minimally, and I will share the photo with the service dept. if they doubt me. I still couldnā€™t push it on as there isnā€™t enough give in the tubing so Iā€™ll impose on the dealer to fix it. So thanks for the original post as I might not otherwise have realized where that oil drip was coming from... Bruce

8C16129E-B06F-4058-BDF7-C1E8C67C1C28.jpeg
D24D2637-F1FE-4747-9692-7B43A507ECEB.jpeg
:thumbsup::)

oscar01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt Mustang DHG L0103
Read this article https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/urgent-check-clutch-line-at-brake-master-cylinder.84132/ and please check yours..... I checked mine and damn hose was on the very end of nipple like in the pictures. Had to push it back all the way on as seen in the pictures as well. Was highly irritated finding this, if this had come off, that could be very bad news.
Ford should have used a clamp in such a important connection.........just BS.
Cant believe I did not see this before now when checking my levels under the hood.

I have 7500 miles on mine.

Wanted to make everyone aware :thumbsup:
Thanks for the heads up K3993

OP
OP

K3993

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt K3993 traded. 2022 MACH 1

Sponsored

coltgus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gus
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang Shadow Black
Got my Bullitt yesterday and sure enough it was almost off. I gently pushed it on and I heard a click. Thanks a lot for this thread, it could literally be a life saver.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Went out and checked mine. Definitely not on all the way, but wouldn't move at all even with medium force. No leaking or looseness, and I have over 13k on the car so I'm assuming it's not going anywhere.
IMG_7849.jpg

Buffalo Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
Checked mine. It was wet. Slid it forward a little more. Checked it a day later and it is dry. But havenā€™t driven it yet.

SD-Harley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt K6752
Thanks for posting this, checked my new Bullitt and slid the connector a little higher on mine. Much appreciated.

Racerx009

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford mustang gt non pp
Vehicle Showcase
Read this article https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/urgent-check-clutch-line-at-brake-master-cylinder.84132/ and please check yours..... I checked mine and damn hose was on the very end of nipple like in the pictures. Had to push it back all the way on as seen in the pictures as well. Was highly irritated finding this, if this had come off, that could be very bad news.
Ford should have used a clamp in such a important connection.........just BS.
Cant believe I did not see this before now when checking my levels under the hood.

I have 7500 miles on mine.

Wanted to make everyone aware :thumbsup:
This happens on all the mustang even on my 17 mustang gt
Sponsored