Project Midnight

Dragon2018GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris Dunnigan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10
The only thing I had to do was remove the dust cap on the front hubs, 20x10 et 38 is a perfect fit for a square set up!
Great thanks
Sponsored

BARNESGN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
G8 GT 15 Q50 S 15 GT Premium PP
Braski I love your build. Did you use GT 350 axles? When you dropped your cradle about how much was the labor? And did you replace any bushings(cradle)? Thank you sir.

OP
OP
Braski

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Braski I love your build. Did you use GT 350 axles? When you dropped your cradle about how much was the labor? And did you replace any bushings(cradle)? Thank you sir.
I went with the Ford racing performance axles which are much stronger than the gt350 axles. I have no clue what the labor was but I can tell you it wasn't cheap. I spared no expense and replaced it all because it was get rid of the wheel hop or get rid of the car! I don't regret a single penny especially since I put the supercharger on the car. The only thing I regret was not doing the suspension work myself. But at the time I was working mandatory OT 7 days a week 8-16 hours a day so I didn't have the time. From what I heard you can get similar results by going the cheaper easier route of just doing the cradle lock out and vertical links but it really depends on your budget and goals. I would definitely skip the adjustable toe rod ends because I don't think they do much and they are known for queaking. I will say one thing, when this thing goes for sale the next owner is going to get one solid car!

Sponsored

BARNESGN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
G8 GT 15 Q50 S 15 GT Premium PP
You have a top shelf build. I do appreciate the knowledge.

Dragon2018GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris Dunnigan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10
Yes, they are my exact wheels. I bought mine used\never mounted for $600. That's a great price for new!
Hey hate to bother you again but I still haven't ordered wheels yet and Am has the satin Silver prestoria 20x8.5 for 85 bucks a pc one is 20mm offset and the other is 35 whats the dif? Thanks

BrianGT2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2015 Mustang Eco Convertible
I went with the Ford racing performance axles which are much stronger than the gt350 axles. I have no clue what the labor was but I can tell you it wasn't cheap. I spared no expense and replaced it all because it was get rid of the wheel hop or get rid of the car! I don't regret a single penny especially since I put the supercharger on the car. The only thing I regret was not doing the suspension work myself. But at the time I was working mandatory OT 7 days a week 8-16 hours a day so I didn't have the time. From what I heard you can get similar results by going the cheaper easier route of just doing the cradle lock out and vertical links but it really depends on your budget and goals. I would definitely skip the adjustable toe rod ends because I don't think they do much and they are known for queaking. I will say one thing, when this thing goes for sale the next owner is going to get one solid car!
Got to love that mandatory over time. I am going to guess you work in law enforcement as well?

OP
OP
Braski

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Got to love that mandatory over time. I am going to guess you work in law enforcement as well?
Nope. That actually made me laugh though because everyone that meets me thinks I'm a cop! BTW thank you for your service!

OP
OP
Braski

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hey hate to bother you again but I still haven't ordered wheels yet and Am has the satin Silver prestoria 20x8.5 for 85 bucks a pc one is 20mm offset and the other is 35 whats the dif? Thanks
Offset has to do with the back spacing of the wheel. The wider the wheel the more offset is needed. The 20x8.5 has a 20 mm offset and the 20x10 has a 38 mm. I hope this answers your question!

Sponsored

Dragon2018GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris Dunnigan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10
Offset has to do with the back spacing of the wheel. The wider the wheel the more offset is needed. The 20x8.5 has a 20 mm offset and the 20x10 has a 38 mm. I hope this answers your question!
yep thanks once again!!!!

OP
OP
Braski

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for following my thread but it's coming to an end because I traded in midnight for a new\left over 2019 grand sport. After almost 5 years and over 30k miles, I finally had the itch for something new. I don't have any regrets with the build but I will say, I loved the car the most before the supercharger. Don't get me wrong wrong, straight line acceleration was incredible but spirited driving on winding roads was definitely compromised. However if your all about ET or straight line pulls than by all means send it! The frpp 2 was by far the best mod for the buck! The IRS mods were worth it but I believe most of the gains could be had by just doing the lockout and adding some decent rubber. I'll still be checking in now and then if anyone has questions or concerns about their build. Overall it was my favorite car that I ever owned even with the money I had to spend to get rid of the nasty wheel hop. I was planning on selling off my Rovos and Race Stars but by dumb luck a local enthusiasts stumbled across them because he bought my car trailer. Good luck, God bless and Full send!:captain:

CosmoVertGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible 50 Year Appearance Package
The only thing I had to do was remove the dust cap on the front hubs, 20x10 et 38 is a perfect fit for a square set up!
Hey Braski, when you removed the dust caps on the front hubs did you replace them with anything or did you just leave them open and slap the wheel cap on? Did you have any concerns on dirt getting in? Also did you need any spacers? I removed the dust cap on mine and tried to fit my Ferrada FR1's on over it but still need about 5mm more to get my wheel cap on. And if you did need a spacer did you used longer wheel studs or just went with the factory studs? Thanks.

OP
OP
Braski

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Braski, when you removed the dust caps on the front hubs did you replace them with anything or did you just leave them open and slap the wheel cap on? Did you have any concerns on dirt getting in? Also did you need any spacers? I removed the dust cap on mine and tried to fit my Ferrada FR1's on over it but still need about 5mm more to get my wheel cap on. And if you did need a spacer did you used longer wheel studs or just went with the factory studs? Thanks.
Sorry for the late reply but I'm not on here much since I sold the stang. I didn't replace the dust cap with anything. I was going to turn low profile ones on the lathe but never did since it would only be protecting an already sealed bearing. Also I didn't need to use a spacer. Goodluck!

CosmoVertGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible 50 Year Appearance Package
Sorry for the late reply but I'm not on here much since I sold the stang. I didn't replace the dust cap with anything. I was going to turn low profile ones on the lathe but never did since it would only be protecting an already sealed bearing. Also I didn't need to use a spacer. Goodluck!
I'm sorry but just to be clear, all you did was remove the dust caps and put the wheels on? And thank you for the reply.
Sponsored