Sponsored

Anybody buying this media fueled COVID-19 bull schitt?

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Everyone pay real close attention to the impending mental gymnastics his supporters will go through to defend his actions. There's currently 59,502 confirmed cases, and rising fast every day. And this guy wants to try to get the US businesses open by Easter.
The easiest way to dismiss an opponents point of view is to apply an acronym to them.
It’s the equivalent of putting the fingers in the ears and chanting “I can’t hear you”.

It should come as no surprise that a man who won’t listen to the science of climate change, would also be completely incapable of listening to professionals across a broader range of scientific disciplines.
THAT is how narcissism works.

Trump derangement syndrome
(TDS) is a term for criticism or negative reactions to United States President Donald Trump that are alleged to be irrational and have little regard towards Trump's actual positions or actions taken. The term has been used by Trump supporters to discredit criticism of his actions, as a way of reframing the discussion by suggesting that his opponents are incapable of accurately perceiving the world.
Sponsored

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
The best way Ive heard it put is this - the virus is the cause of the economic crisis. In order to stop the economic crisis, you have to stop the virus. You can’t just partially fight the cause, you have to focus completely on it. Until you do that, you are just prolonging the virus and thus it’s economic effect.

OP
OP
WildHorse

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Based on country with a city-sized population?
Lol Fail math class? You have any clue on how statistics work? Cause I don't think you do. Not one goddamn bit.

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
The best way Ive heard it put is this - the virus is the cause of the economic crisis. In order to stop the economic crisis, you have to stop the virus. You can’t just partially fight the cause, you have to focus completely on it.
Oh no the economic crisis was caused by the Saudis and Russians fighting over oil prices according to some LOL. I agree there can be no real economic recovery without stabilization of the viral threat.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Lol Fail math class? You have any clue on how statistics work? Cause I don't think you do. Not one goddamn bit.
Rounding off. Precision doesn't matter when you calculate fewer than 40 million people, many of whom are disenfranchised "1st Nation". So, if you're looking for accuracy, use it in your comparisons.

Sponsored

OP
OP
WildHorse

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Precision doesn't matter when you calculate fewer than 40 million people
World has 7.5 billion. Divide that by the number of cases. Let your Kentucky math shine. India has 1.5 billion +. How many cases are there?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
So here in the State of South Carolina, population approx. 5.1M we currently have 424 cases with 7 deaths. In Horry County we have approx 350k people, 20 cases and only 1 death. Based solely on these numbers things do not look that bad. But at this point we all know better. Just look at New York.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
World has 7.5 billion. Divide that by the number of cases. Let your Kentucky math shine. India has 1.5 billion +. How many cases are there?
The single largest error in your calculations is that they only include what has been and what is current. In a pandemic these numbers are virtually useless. It's what's to come that we need to know. And we have no freakin clue.

By the way India is now in a total lockdown.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
What do you have against Kentucky? Prefer Canadian Mist over good bourbon or are you mad at Sen Paul for having COVID? For my advanced math skills to be applied against your India model, I would have to know what percentage of that 1.5bil have been tested or have access to testing. That's how we do it in bourbon country. Now I'm gonna pour some moose milk on my Wheaties...

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
What do you have against Kentucky? Prefer Canadian Mist over good bourbon or are you mad at Sen Paul for having COVID? For my advanced math skills to be applied against your India model, I would have to know what percentage of that 1.5bil have been tested or have access to testing. That's how we do it in bourbon country. Now I'm gonna pour some moose milk on my Wheaties...
How about this? It was my dad's favorite.

upload_2020-3-25_17-9-38.jpeg

Sponsored
OP
OP
WildHorse

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Wow your ignorance is alive and well.. surprised you're not out with your head buried in the stand with your ass sticking way up there. But whatever, keep on with your doomsday mentality. Guys like you make this whole shit show worse, not better.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Wow your ignorance is alive and well.. surprised you're not out with your head buried in the stand with your ass sticking way up there. But whatever, keep on with your doomsday mentality. Guys like you make this whole shit show worse, not better.
Missed the doomsday mentality. Appears you are quick to label.

Appreciate your well-informed, objective point of view and intellectual analysis. Obviously based on significant worldly experience. It is very refreshing. Now, cheers--moose milk for my boys and bourbon for the horses.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
OK, I'll apologise for my "competition" comment. It was over the top. But WildHorse & Caballus can we please call a truce? Going back and forth at one another isn't helping anyone. Let's pick on the virus, China, our politicians (unless they own a Mustang) and stay off one another.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
So here in the State of South Carolina, population approx. 5.1M we currently have 424 cases with 7 deaths. In Horry County we have approx 350k people, 20 cases and only 1 death. Based solely on these numbers things do not look that bad. But at this point we all know better. Just look at New York.
Yesterday Michigan had 1,300+ cases, 24 deaths. About 10 minutes ago the news reported something over 3,000 cases and 53 deaths.

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
Let’s not forget that we only have data from those that have been tested. Likelihood is that there are many many more cases out there that we don’t know of because they have not been tested. Some of the increase is being seen a result of increased testing. But it’s also indicative of exponential spreading of the virus.
Sponsored