HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Warning: don't read this first post if you value your time. Later posts will be a review after the caps get here.

I blame @WD Pro who posted a hat his GF bought him:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...50-mustang-today.11109/page-2370#post-2804283

I liked the Tri-Bar embroidery thick enough to trip over if on a rug.

In my searches I discovered it is made in 5 colors (black like WD has, Navy Blue, Beige, Dark Green and Bright Blue).

I liked the dark green a littler better than the others but since my car is white with blue stripes and red interior decided on Navy Blue.

To my surprise, Ford doesn't authorize the sale of these in the US so I could only find it from Europe/UK sellers who would ship to the US.

US eBay had several sellers for each color BUT most were ridiculously priced as in up to $100 and sellers with less gouging wanted about as much for shipping as they charged for the hat.

After weeks of waiting for a decent total price, I decided to admit defeat and order from the cheapest eBay seller. The prices were in British pounds but eBay shows what that would be in US dollars. But when checking out you just see the amount in pounds and a tiny note listing the conversion rate. Thing is the conversion rate calculates out to significantly more than the dollar amounts shown on the page you buy from. Nobody on a quest would tolerate that, so I expanded my search.

Since most eBay sellers were in the UK I went to UK Amazon. Many sellers there wouldn't ship these to the US even if they would ship other items they sell. I assume wanting to comply with Ford rules. But a few UK Amazon sellers were the same sellers on US eBay and I found the one that had the lowest price on US eBay and who would ship to the US. Unsurprisingly, they wanted the same price on UK Amazon and even the same shipping. BUT the equivalent US dollar price was significantly lower buying on UK Amazon than on eBay. Hmmm.

I guess the various Amazons share a single wallet so I selected the credit card I use for my US Amazon purchases. A short time later I receive an email saying the credit card was declined. I use virtual credit cards that are only valid with a specific vendor. Well, the Amazons may share a common wallet but they are not the same vendor so.....

So back to Amazon UK to add a separate virtual credit card for Amazon UK. Then I reordered the hat. An hour later I see an email from my bank asking me to confirm it was really me making the purchase. I guess a duplicate order from a country I had never ordered from tripped the possible-fraud-o-meter. Since I didn't respond to the email quickly enough, the bank retroactively denied the charge.

After assuring the bank everything was cool, I returned to Amazon UK to order a third time. A little later, the charge was denied by the bank again. Seems like somehow, when adding the new virtual credit card for UK Amazon, Amazon had incorrectly populated a 3rd party shipping address I've used at US Amazon as the card's billing address and I didn't notice.

Another round of reassuring the bank and I was off to order a 4th time after updating the billing address Amazon had for the new card.

At this point I could not rationalize spending all this time and effort for just one hat, so I added a beige one from the same seller to the order. I told myself that made perfect sense because I would only have one of the ridiculous shipping charges for two hats. LoL

s-l1600.jpg
1410_0.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
The caps finally arrived. I don't know what to make of the USPS tracking after the package hit the states. It arrived in Phoenix 5 days after leaving L.A. I think I could have walked it in that time.

They are as nice as I thought they would be. Ford needs to allow them to be sold in the US. Much better than the licensed Mustang hats you can buy here. They even have individual serial numbers! LoL

upload_2020-3-25_9-2-4.png

upload_2020-3-25_9-9-46.png

You could trip over the embroidery.

upload_2020-3-25_9-7-31.png

OP
OP
HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
For anyone wanting to track one down, here are the product codes:

Beige: 35021765
Navy Blue: 35021766
Black: 35021767
Bright Blue: 35021312
Dark (Bullitt) Green: 35030130

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
Nice! I need a new hat. My Ford hat crapped out. Quality hats seem hard to come by.
Sponsored