cahouston

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2019 GT and pretty sure the manual states there is no dipstick for the 10R80. Have you seen a trans dipstick on your car?

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL

ApplesAndOranges

Dare to compare
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Wow, this is a really good idea. Thread it into the dipstick hole and run it up to the top of the engine bay?

Sponsored

OP
OP
SuperDave

SuperDave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP1
Well I ordered the B&M dipstick for my 2018 PP1, the real issue is that the hose/tube is to long and there is really no way to shorten it, so I returned it.
I built my own and it works great, the best part is that I can easily add fluid as needed, if needed.
I will be posting pictures of it once I can get back to the shop, as everything is closing up for a month.
Also I want to wish you and yours all the best.

fatbillybob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT pp1 A10 Orange
Are you interested in fabricating another one? I would buy it.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Well I ordered the B&M dipstick for my 2018 PP1, the real issue is that the hose/tube is to long and there is really no way to shorten it, so I returned it.
I built my own and it works great, the best part is that I can easily add fluid as needed, if needed.
I will be posting pictures of it once I can get back to the shop, as everything is closing up for a month.
@SuperDave
Hope all is well on your end too! When able to do so, definitely post your DIY solution and parts list here, it would greatly benefit other 10R80 owners!

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
There was no way to route the hose to make it work?

Sponsored
OP
OP
SuperDave

SuperDave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP1
At this time here in Denver we have a stay at home order so pictures of my dipstick install will take a while as my car is at our shop.
But, I talked to a guy that used the B&M 10R80 dipstick on his mustang and he routed the tube/hose over the top of the trans to the driver side of the engine bay, I never thought of doing that, I tried mounting mine on the passenger side of the engine bay and the hose was way long for my liking. He told me that he made a bracket that mounted to the K arm on the drivers side. I have asked him to send me a picture so I can post it. Soon as I get any info I will pass it along. The B&M dipstick is a great item and made very well, I never thought to mount it on the drivers side.

1badrz28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You may want to check with Lokar as well. They have many transmissions to choose from if you know the I.D. of the 6r80 dipstick hole and can size up one of their offerings.

I've used these in the past and they work great and usually sit lower on the firewall

https://www.lokar.com/trans-dipsticks.html

2kblacksleeper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue GT
Don't know if anything will come from it, but i emailed them to inquire about one for us 18 plus Mustangs. Or if they have a suggested hose routing for us.

I will update if i hear anything back.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Did anyone try the b&m transmission dipstick kit yet?
A kit different from what is discussed above? It was tested and found to be too long when mounted on the correct side.
Sponsored