• Start date
  • Watchers 9

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
I've been looking at older cars and at prices. A 10 year old car with 6,000 miles can cost 50% more than one with 30,000 miles (from a dealer). I'm not interested in buying a car that's been sitting too much and I don't want to pay so much extra for essentially the same thing (minus a few scratches).

I think the market for an older car that's hardly used is a small one - unless the car is collectible.

I purchased a low mileage older Corvette, beautiful car but a real can of worms, everytime I drove it, another issue. Anything with moving parts needs to be moving.
Sponsored

SteelCity_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 1989 Toyota Cressida
I canā€™t stand thinking about what salt does to a vehicle so 2 cars have been, and will be mandatory to me lol. I bought an ā€˜89 Cressida for a grand not long after I bought my old Focus ST. I drove that 2.5 years and 20,000mi and sold it for what I paid for it. Just recently I picked up a 2011 Sorento 6M/T as a beater. I donā€™t baby my mustang; I daily it in the summer, but itā€™d break my heart to have to drive it in the slushy white bullshit.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
I split driving duties between a Focus RS and my Mustang. Both cars have clear bra (X-Pel) on: front end, whole hood, front quarters, A-pillars, roof cap, rockers, lower doors, fuel door, rear valence behind the rear wheels and the Mustang has big old patches on the rear fenders in front of the rear wheels to the doors. The focus is a great, fantastic wet weather car - I avoid driving the mustang in the rain, but that has more to do with PSC2s.

I like the fact that your Mazda has 3 pedals.

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I canā€™t stand thinking about what salt does to a vehicle so 2 cars have been, and will be mandatory to me lol. I bought an ā€˜89 Cressida for a grand not long after I bought my old Focus ST. I drove that 2.5 years and 20,000mi and sold it for what I paid for it. Just recently I picked up a 2011 Sorento 6M/T as a beater. I donā€™t baby my mustang; I daily it in the summer, but itā€™d break my heart to have to drive it in the slushy white bullshit.
You know youā€™re into cars when even the Sorento gets specified as 6M/T.

Sponsored

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Damn straight lol
Iā€™d prefer a stick on any car with 130k lol. Also, I paid about $2k less than what an equally equipped auto would be.
589CCA0A-A11A-42FE-88CC-39BA593E4983.jpeg
It appears you need a short throw for that bad boy.

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I definitely do! lol Itā€™s sooo vague compared to the Mustang lol
You: give me second gear
Shifter: which one?
You: wat?
Shifter: congratulations, youā€™ve found reverse!

Cplennon17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I drive a lovely 2005 Brown CRV nicknamed Beige Betty from the Statefarm commercials. 165k miles and not a thing wrong with her, not even rust which is rare up here in RI lol
Sponsored