2018 GT w/dead touch screen

mcstang18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2016 F150 XLT
I started the car to drive home from work and found the touch screen totally dark but the radio was still playing. The tuning knob worked though so I could change stations.

I hoped when I got home and restarted it that it would return to life. Nope. I'd get a quick flash of screen upon starting it but nothing.

I waited an hour and came back to restart and now I was getting no flash upon startup. The screen is totally dark and the radio no longer works.

Upon the dealership's advice, I tried disconnecting the battery fully for half an hour. I reconnected it and that didn't fix it. Still nothing.

Sigh, only 3 months and already an electronics issue. Has anyone else experienced such a problem yet? Any advice on other things to try?
Sponsored

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Take it back to the dealership and have another head unit put in. Promise not even close to the first screen thats not lit up. We changed them often on a lot of different vehicles. I wouldnt say electrical issues, just a faulty screen, its what the warranty is for ;)

OP
OP
mcstang18

mcstang18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2016 F150 XLT
The problem was a faulty APIM. Unfortunately it took three weeks to get the part shipped from California. Now they’re installing it today and say the navigation software won’t download. I’m wondering if it is the wrong part; could it be an APIM without navigation? I’ll hopefully have a fully functional vehicle again soon. I really missed having the backup camera and being able to sync my phone.

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
I had a Mercedes at the dealership for over 3 months getting the navigation system fixed.

Electrical, interior and software issues tend to be worse than having a blown engine.

Kep4

Jaeger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT PP1
Head unit in my 2012 Super Duty started malfunctioning 2 weeks after I picked it up in Sept. 2012. Replaced under warranty and no problems since then.

Sponsored

hamzah596

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hamza
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Having this issue on my 2017 right now. Apple CarPlay works but can’t press anything.

hamzah596

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hamza
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Did you ever get yours to work? Any solution, mine is doing the same thing.
Yeah I reverted back to the regular theme. The Ford GT theme is no longer available on the new sync update so it caused the screen to go black.
Sponsored