Sponsored

Virginia just halted non essential businesses closed for 30-60 days wow.

Weather Man

Persistance is a Bitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 I4 T Prem Auto
I'm waiting for MN to shut down any day. Things just got real for me earlier today....

My employer has seen business drop to less than 50% of normal this month largely due to the crud and the panic surrounding it so to stem the bleeding and batten down the hatches, us essential folks are taking a substantial pay cut and are to work from home as much as possible. I'll survive, but all thoughts of any car upgrading are completely out the window....assuming things don't get even worse in more important ways.

To top it off, the first case of confirmed Covid-19 in town was announced today also. All on top of losing my stepson in February. Fate can take its dick out of our asses any day now.
He is resisting because the economic carnage is already terrible enough. I think the data that we may isolate ourselves into a depression are becoming more clear to policy makers. It is a most awful conundrum, how terrible for more people to potentially commit suicide because of the economy than killed by Covid 19.
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Doubtful. Could be they care or Maybe leverage for election because of the current administration’s lack of timely response and incompetency.
Maybe you are right. Based on what you've said I don't think I should try to convince you of anything. Seems like we will just argue and no one's mind will be changed.

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
Ah, that makes sense to me. Only the Democrats are trying to completely shut down the economy, as they think it might be advantageous to them politically.
Happens that the biggest problems are in NY and CA, and they are doing what they have to do. I suspect they will begin to slack off a little when they have better numbers/understanding of what’s is going on.
Texas is shutting down all by itself as the oil business goes bust. My daughter-in-law (in the oil business) lost her job last week as that company shut down and ain’t coming back (putting their house on the market in Dallas), and 1/2 dozen houses in my neighborhood hit the market this week....
And our Lt Gov made the incredibly stupid statement that the economy is more important than people’s lives: “Older people would rather die than let COVID-19 harm the US economy”

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Happens that the biggest problems are in NY and CA, and they are doing what they have to do. I suspect they will begin to slack off a little when they have better numbers/understanding of what’s is going on.
Texas is shutting down all by itself as the oil business goes bust. My daughter-in-law (in the oil business) lost her job last week as that company shut down and ain’t coming back (putting their house on the market in Dallas), and 1/2 dozen houses in my neighborhood hit the market this week....
And our Lt Gov made the incredibly stupid statement that the economy is more important than people’s lives: “Older people would rather die than let COVID-19 harm the US economy”
I was listening to a radio show the other day and the caller said she would rather die than have the American economy destroyed for her children. She said we often ask young people to sacrifice themselves in war and that she would prefer to be at work producing. And let what happens happens.

You might think it's stupid, but I feel the same way as the caller. But really the best idea is probably for the high risk people to heavily isolate and the rest of us to go back to work ASAP. It's a compromise that helps everyone.

Sponsored

Deviruchi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 (L0646)
All for a non issue..
Do yourself a favor and look up what's happening at hospitals. Visit a local one, I bet they won't even let you in.

Do you think sending a hospital ship to NY is for a non issue? How about emergency production of ventilators and respirators?

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Do yourself a favor and look up what's happening at hospitals. Visit a local one, I bet they won't even let you in.

Do you think sending a hospital ship to NY is for a non issue? How about emergency production of ventilators and respirators?
Pope changing Easter Mass to virtual / online....
At least 11 states and 5 countries basically going on lockdown....
Hospitals stating that their ventilators are currently at capacity and cannot accept new patients....
Prince Charles of England being on self quarantine....
All stock market trading online only with the NYSE trading floor closed....

All coincidental and part of a larger media strategy.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
The voice of calm and reason... Only up to 10 dead per day. Flu is 270. Just a wee bit to go.
Says the guy who said in another thread that he coughs on his hand before shaking others, sneezes on money before paying at the drive through. Where did that post go?

Calm and reason, LOL

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
It's definitely a devisive issue. I find the similarities to global warming remarkable. Some want to shut everything down and take over total control of society. And the people who urge a more moderate stance are mocked.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
My general outlook today. Thanks, Jim.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Diamond Princess - 3700 hostages of old and frequently ill people being served the virus daily by way of their 1000 of 3rd-world unclean wait staff bringing them food. No explosion in serious cases and deaths and nothing even remotely congruent with all the pronouncements of calamity. If any environment should have affirmed the "we're all gonna die screeching" it should have been this. If the data doesn't fit the narrative, then the narrative is wrong.

Occalousa county FL, bars and restaurants JAMMED with human flesh in close quarters for hours and hours during St. Paddy. No explosion in cases and deaths despite over a full week has passed.

etc.

Yes the cities like NYC which have heavy use of public trans, and millions of international people, and communities of hygienic squalor, yes it'll spread. 260 / 26350 = 0.01 death (NY)

For a world-ending calamity, it sure isn't very effective. Recall Polio was primarily passed via the Fecal-Oral method as well. There are NO coronavirus vax in the animal world. Indeed in cattle etc. we routinely inject them with a attenuated virus in order to generate antibodies. The 'dead' virus doesn't work nearly so well.
Sponsored