Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

Joelang33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Whippled 16 Mustang GT Premium PP

Tang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Greased IRS bits then went for the first drive since before Valentines Day after breaking my clutch foot. Still tender but I can shift fine. Got the engine up to temp, rolled the tires, and give her a little "Italian tune-up" with a few WOT pulls. Runs better than I remember

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I don't really need gas, but that makes me want to head on over to Costco and filler-up. The same attendant there compliments me on my car every time I fill up. He tells me, everyone in town knows my car, so don't ever use the excuse "It wasn't me". Now the sad part is, I need to fill up at least twice a week if I drive it :) oh wait, that isn't really sad at all.

Got gas...
68430CC7-A6C6-4093-A526-A6FC280A5406.jpeg
0D005B34-AC4F-453C-918F-70F5CF862D8C.jpeg

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide

Sponsored

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
3/23/2020:

I installed the COBB Stage 1 ots tune as well as K&N drop in filter on my 18 Ecoboost AT today and took it to a test drive for about 25 minutes as well as to fill it up with 93 octane from a local Citigo fueling station.

My first impression of the COBB is good, I noticed that the car got up to speed limit pretty quickly even though I was babying the car for the first 15 minutes to get the oil temp in the normal range. After the car was warmed up I gave about 50% throttle and the car went from 60 to 80mph in just a little over 1 second.

The car with the tune is a lot smoother now especially with the shifting, butter smooth.

After filling up at the local fueling station, I drove about 2 miles before giving it full throttle and noticed the boost pressure peaked at 20.XX psi before dropping to 18-19 psi until I let off the accelerator (had to brake to slow down, got up to high speeds very quickly).

It was very hot today (IAT around 90F) in about 90F humid weather in central FL, I will visit the local quarter mile drag strip when it gets cold again later this year to see how the car does.

My car's current mods are (2018 Ecoboost Mustang 10A):

CVF street intercooler

COBB AP V3 stage 1 93 octane tune

K&N drop in filter (oiled).
Since you already have a new intercooler, you should be good to run Cobb Stage 2. That's the stage that was written specifically for better intercooler than stock.

Mike K.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
No bolts right in if I remember it correctly. Hardest part was trying to not break any dashboard clips. That got a little nerve racking.

Yes I lost 2 to the depths . But still no rattling

Sponsored

Mike K.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
yes that’s where I got my info. Hardest part of the installation was cutting the plastic behind the original cluster which if 18 and up you don’t have to do. Bought mine from Sam the op of that thread. He gathers the parts for you and programs the cluster for a few hundred more than ordering yourself. Truly pnp going that route !

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
yes that’s where I got my info. Hardest part of the installation was cutting the plastic behind the original cluster which if 18 and up you don’t have to do. Bought mine from Sam the op of that thread. He gathers the parts for you and programs the cluster for a few hundred more than ordering yourself. Truly pnp going that route !
Yes I ordered my kit from Sam also. Since I have a 18 I didn’t have to do any cutting. It was a simple plug n play. Like I said the hardest part was pulling the dash apart and it felt like the clips would break but fortunately none did on mine.

Best advice I would give anyone thinking about doing the install is follow the instructions in that thread, watch all the videos and take your time.

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
We screwed up yesterday trying to replace the rear rotors and brake pads. We couldn't compress the caliper enough to make the new brake pads fit. I was using this tool to compress but it wouldn't go in and also there was fluid leaking from piston seals. Any ideas on how to fix it or do i need a new caliper?
20200324_154431.jpg
IMG-20200324-WA0014.jpg
IMG-20200324-WA0012.jpg
brakepistoncompress.JPG

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
Came back from the shop last friday with a new hood (warranty corrosion replacement) been too cold to even look at it much. supposed to be 65 here today so going to hit the manual carwash and see how good/poor of a job they did on the paint and how much correction I have to do to it to get it to match the rest of the car. Really need some warm weather here!!!
Sponsored