Sponsored

Shiftech cat delete

TX State

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 track pack
I was looking into getting the shiftech mid pope cat delete and was wondering if anyone has had experience with it? Tried looking around but I can’t find anyone who has done it.
Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
To each his own (and do hour own homework), but I’ve been really looking into this myself and taking my time, and not rushing into a decision. What I have found is that it’s insane stupid loud and sounds like shit. Thus I am going with B-Line high flow cats and their resonated x-pipe once available.

OP
OP
TX State

TX State

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To each his own (and do hour own homework), but I’ve been really looking into this myself and taking my time, and not rushing into a decision. What I have found is that it’s insane stupid loud and sounds like shit. Thus I am going with B-Line high flow cats and their resonated x-pipe once available.
I was hoping that keeping the resonators in that it wouldn’t be too bad but that was my fear. I also figured people ran catless long tubes and liked it.

Last edited:

NUTNDUN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I have the shiftek catless pipes and the x pipe. It is stupid loud but does sound really good. I am most likely going with the B-Line high flow cat pipes. If you have the budget I would definitely go with the B-Line pipes. They are works of art.

OP
OP
TX State

TX State

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the shiftek catless pipes and the x pipe. It is stupid loud but does sound really good. I am most likely going with the B-Line high flow cat pipes. If you have the budget I would definitely go with the B-Line pipes. They are works of art.
Go with their catted pipes? Does your current set up drone at all? I’m hoping that keeping the resonators keeps it s little in check.

Sponsored

NUTNDUN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Go with their catted pipes? Does your current set up drone at all? I’m hoping that keeping the resonators keeps it s little in check.
If you still have your resonators it would probably sound terrific. Since I already put the resonator delete x pipe on then did the catless mid pipes I can't put the stock resonators back on without having to do some welding and fabricating to get them back on. Which is why I will most likely move towards getting the high flow cat version of the B-Line pipes. We have to do emissions testing where I am at and even though I most likely never have to worry I still would like the peace of mind having cats in place.

OP
OP
TX State

TX State

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you still have your resonators it would probably sound terrific. Since I already put the resonator delete x pipe on then did the catless mid pipes I can't put the stock resonators back on without having to do some welding and fabricating to get them back on. Which is why I will most likely move towards getting the high flow cat version of the B-Line pipes. We have to do emissions testing where I am at and even though I most likely never have to worry I still would like the peace of mind having cats in place.
I hear you. If you do go with the catted ones I’ll take the catless ones off you.

NUTNDUN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I hear you. If you do go with the catted ones I’ll take the catless ones off you.
Could definitely work something out. I have so much going on right now with the remodel of our house i don't know how soon it might happen though.

OP
OP
TX State

TX State

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Could definitely work something out. I have so much going on right now with the remodel of our house i don't know how soon it might happen though.
Take your time man haha. I’m supposed to be moving to the uk but with everything that’s going on I’m still waiting to see what’s going to happen.

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
Your going to get a very gassy smell with no cats.

Sponsored

jfabes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT500; '22 F150; '19 Giulia QV; '21 GTI
I have the Bline catless pipes, went with them over Shiftech mainly because of the vibration dampners and their quality just from looking at pics looked top notch. Fit was perfect. It is crazy loud, but it sounds fantastic. It’s a little raspy at 2-3k but just screams otherwise. I do not have resonators either though. The smell only bothers me when I pull in the garage, gotta leave the garage door open for a bit to get the fumes out. The tone is different too though, very throaty just idling. There’s a link on here somewhere in one of my posts where I made a video with the Lund ghost tune so you can hear the diff with the valves open and closed.

OP
OP
TX State

TX State

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think shiftech made a change where they put the dampeners on now but I could be wrong.

jfabes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT500; '22 F150; '19 Giulia QV; '21 GTI
Just looked at their site, you are correct, they are V2 now. Here’s what’s interesting about that.....when I was shopping, I called them and asked why they didn’t have them and they told me that they didn’t feel they were needed, that their flex sections were “of a different stiffness” than oem and BLine (which I asked them about) and would balance out the vibration. Now, here, over a year later, they are offering them. Tired of losing to Bline or did they decide they were needed after all? Ford thought they were, so did Bline,....and Shiftech should have from the get go.

OP
OP
TX State

TX State

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I’m going to guess they realized it was needed.

Bcobb85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I've got the Bline cat delete pipes and the factory resonated cat-back. I've got several vids on my instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fp350/

Hope that helps.
Sponsored