Rpms dropping very slow while driving?

Gordo84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang pp2
Really appreciate if someone could help me figure this out... I have a manual 2019 performance pack level 2. When I’m driving and let off the gas it feel like my car is in neutral and the rpms drop very very slow. It also loses all back pressure and sound on deceleration. Even if I let off at 6k rpms it feels the exact same way. I’m not sure what could be causing this issue but It doesn’t feel right
Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
You feel it isn't slowing down fast enough? Rear end ratio? Is it stock? Reset ECU?

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
What happens to the RPM if you push in the clutch? It should drop to idle pretty quick. Maybe the throttle is not going to idle and hold the RPM.

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
Didn't that effect come into being as a result of some "advances" in emission controls? I remember in the olden day you could use, and depend on, compression to add a little to decelerative power.

OP
OP

Gordo84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang pp2
You feel it isn't slowing down fast enough? Rear end ratio? Is it stock? Reset ECU?
Correct it feels like it’s coasting. It’s a 3.73 and it is header back exaust, intake and hp tune

Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
That sounds like your tune isn't closing the throttle correctly.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Correct it feels like it’s coasting. It’s a 3.73 and it is header back exaust, intake and hp tune
How long are you giving it? By design the revs hang for smoother shifting. Since mine was new, the revs always take a little longer to drop to idle compared to older cars. Flywheel? I'm sure it's by design though. Even my last car 2009 took forever to drop revs back to idle. Pretty sure they aren't designed to sit there at a light and rev like you're gonna race lol.

thelostotter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP
My car does the same thing and it is one of my biggest complaints. Stock and aftermarket tunes behave similarly in this aspect. It was reduced quite a bit with the Ford Power Pack 2 tune which was nice but I can't run that with headers and the 2018 IM.
Sponsored