Nihil

Cowabunga
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Grey Goop
for us non premium people is there any options yet for adding it? I tried searching and couldn't come up with anything.
Sponsored

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
I'd love to do that as well, but sadly I don't think its possible without the premium pkg. since there's none on the V6, I couldnt even think of adding it as an option. If someone knows if it can be done- please let us know

Choking_Victim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 GT PP
So is my color needed to have the tach change color at redline? Haven't got my GTPP yet and was curious if this is a premium only feature? I ordered base.

Boogeyman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT w/ PP
I don't think you can, but if I remember right you were able to use mycolor for the gauges with the 2011 mustangs since they all had the same physical lighting system so you just had to create a controller.

What I would be more curious about is if you can somehow enable the shift light on the tach in the base models.

Boogeyman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT w/ PP
So is my color needed to have the tach change color at redline? Haven't got my GTPP yet and was curious if this is a premium only feature? I ordered base.
Looks like you beat me to the tach question. But to answer your other side of it no it is not on the base models, its a premium only feature.

Sponsored

DeepImpactBlue2015EB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost Premium & '13 Kia Optima
Ford should have done "my color" as a package for all Base 2015 Mustangs

Choking_Victim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 GT PP
Looks like you beat me to the tach question. But to answer your other side of it no it is not on the base models, its a premium only feature.
Bummer guess they had to give u a few other features for the 4 plus grand :doh:

Arejay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang v6 convertible
I know this is an old thread but I've successfully added the mycolor door sills and cup holders to my v6. Next I will be doing the door handle led and footwell leds.

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Magnetic, 2011 Nissan quest
I know this is an old thread but I've successfully added the mycolor door sills and cup holders to my v6. Next I will be doing the door handle led and footwell leds.
That is really cool. Can you post how you did it and What is needed?
thanks

Sponsored

Arejay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
That is really cool. Can you post how you did it and What is needed?
thanks
So the ford system is common cathode meaning the LEDs have a common negative not a common positive. What that means is though you can add the LED door sills and LED cup holder and all the other LEDs that mycolor has to offer you can’t change those colors once you have them set unless you can find a common cathode rgb led controller. Those are not very common!! So what I did was buy the door sills and cup holder from a premium wrecked GT and installed them to just display one color. If you want to know how I can definitely give you instructions on how to do it, just keep in mind once you set it up you won’t be able to change the color of the LEDs unless you manually switch the wires around.

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So the ford system is common cathode meaning the LEDs have a common negative not a common positive. What that means is though you can add the LED door sills and LED cup holder and all the other LEDs that mycolor has to offer you can’t change those colors once you have them set unless you can find a common cathode rgb led controller. Those are not very common!! So what I did was buy the door sills and cup holder from a premium wrecked GT and installed them to just display one color. If you want to know how I can definitely give you instructions on how to do it, just keep in mind once you set it up you won’t be able to change the color of the LEDs unless you manually switch the wires around.
I would really appreciate it if you could.
I ordered one of there https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HB9K5GW?ref=ppx_pt2_dt_b_prod_image
Still have to find a way to hook this up and get the cupholder. I already have the door sills, just not sure how to hook everything up
Thanks

Last edited:

Arejay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
You don’t need that kit off amazon. This video shows you how to wire your door sills. Since the sills have 4 wires (ground, red, green blue) you wire the ground as the video shows then connect whichever color you wish to display to the 12v power as shown in the video. You can mix and match cables or hook them all together to make the color white. I’ll see if I can make my own video and post it as well.

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Won't that kit allow you to change colors?
I am hoping to get somewhat of an oem solution
thanks

Arejay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
That kit will allow you to change colors through that kit not through mycolor. Meaning you'd have to attach all of your LEDs to that kit and control it through that kit. If you want to do it through oem my color you're going to have to buy all wires cables and modules for the LEDs then enable mycolor through forscan.
Sponsored