Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
I did as it goes...i figured if i’m going to pay ~£4-500 for someone else to do it, i may as well pay that bit more and get them done somewhere i know will do a perfect job - heading over to GT101 early April (quarantine situation permitting). Calipers come fully off, then sprayed and baked before refitting and flushing new fluid in. This is how I wanted it done, and in the long run i know it will be money well spent.

worried about getting the train back through London though, anyone wanna give me a lift? Lol
Jesus I’ll do it in the Ford Bodyshop I work at for half that price :cwl:

Doing them yourself costs about £50 max! Stop throwing your money away at GT101!
Sponsored

Alfa Male

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulia
I did as it goes...i figured if i’m going to pay ~£4-500 for someone else to do it, i may as well pay that bit more and get them done somewhere i know will do a perfect job - heading over to GT101 early April (quarantine situation permitting). Calipers come fully off, then sprayed and baked before refitting and flushing new fluid in. This is how I wanted it done, and in the long run i know it will be money well spent.

worried about getting the train back through London though, anyone wanna give me a lift? Lol
Ouch is that price correct or (hopefully) a typo ?
That does seem excessive to me

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Ouch is that price correct or (hopefully) a typo ?
That does seem excessive to me
I think for a good quality job, around the £400 mark seems to be the norm.

Well aware i’ve picked a pricer option but the cost is well justified for me. I could do it myself i know, and i’d do a good job i’m sure, but I wont be happy with “good”, the curse of being a perfectionist. I could pay a reputable body shop to do it and i’m sure they’d do it better than me, but that can be a gamble unless you’ve seen their work - and chances are they may not do it the way i’d like.

I’m a big fan of GT101, their levels of attention to detail and quality of work are what i would aspire to, if i was in that business. There’s a lot of time and skill involved in painting the calipers the way I’d like so i’m happy to pay the premium.

My mustang is a keeper, so over the course of many years the cost is negligible for me.

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Gave mine a quick coat
4F055873-6748-4B64-B2BB-5C47D9DDFCE6.jpeg
07CC1A5D-D68A-4E5F-B47A-AE9BF66D5505.jpeg
Looks like a great job :like: :sunglasses: (But remove that MF from behind the wheel).

Have you got a link for those nut covers ? :like:

WD :like:

Benno2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT - TripleYellow \ Black stripes
I think for a good quality job, around the £400 mark seems to be the norm.

Well aware i’ve picked a pricer option but the cost is well justified for me. I could do it myself i know, and i’d do a good job i’m sure, but I wont be happy with “good”, the curse of being a perfectionist. I could pay a reputable body shop to do it and i’m sure they’d do it better than me, but that can be a gamble unless you’ve seen their work - and chances are they may not do it the way i’d like.

I’m a big fan of GT101, their levels of attention to detail and quality of work are what i would aspire to, if i was in that business. There’s a lot of time and skill involved in painting the calipers the way I’d like so i’m happy to pay the premium.

My mustang is a keeper, so over the course of many years the cost is negligible for me.
What he said :like:

Benno.

93577B7C-25CE-45CD-ABA9-A61806634690.png

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you :like: