Under-seat sub possible?

Hilfloskind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Ecoboost Convertible - Kona Blue
I'm in the middle of upgrading the factory speakers on my 12 speaker Shaker Pro system. I've already replaced the factory sub with an RF Punch P3S2D-8. Next week, I'm installing new Infinity Reference 3032CFX 3.5s and Powerbass L2-6C 6.5s in the front doors and possibly Powerbass L2-652 6.5s in the rear side panels.

I'm a basshead and have a 12" Orion sub and Kenwood amp that I'm selling since I'd have to sacrifice way too much vert trunk space to use it. Since I'm limited in that way, I'm thinking about possibly adding an under-seat sub for just a little more bass, especially when the top's down. Having it down blocks the sub passthrough to the cabin significantly more than when it's up. With that being said, has anyone had any luck making an under-seat sub fit? I sit relatively high and all the way back when I drive, so I have a little more vertical space available than someone that rides lower in the seat.

I was looking around and found these two options, both of which have good reviews and are very decently priced. I'd prefer the 10 inch for a lower frequency response to complement the factory 8" sub, but I'd go with the 8" if that's the only way I could make it fit. Since I sit all the way back, I wouldn't care if it protruded into the floor area behind the driver seat. No one can ever sit behind me (6'3"), so I basically have a 3 seater.

10 inch: https://www.amazon.com/Rockville-RW10CA-Profile-Powered-Subwoofer/dp/B019Z3R582

8 inch:
https://www.amazon.com/Rockville-SS...ofer/dp/B079PRCP9W?ref_=ast_bbp_dp&th=1&psc=1

Thoughts?
Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I don't personally believe it. I installed my little alpine Mono-D amp under my driver seat, and that was a tight fit. No way can a speaker fit under there, especially if you have a premium, the wire harness etc.. sliding forward back, it just won't work.

Not a chance- IMO. I wouldn't even attempt it. the money/time/reward isn't worth it for the slight bass that will put out.

If you want bass, just get an JL stealth box, put the amp under the seat, and bam. clean install; (its what I did)

OP
OP

Hilfloskind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Bummer. I don't want to add another sub to the trunk, but if it's low profile enough I'd lay it flat and push it all the way forward until it's right up against the front wall of the trunk, facing up. I just don't want to lose anymore of the main trunk area than absolutely necessary.

Before I go that far, I'll likely upgrade the factory sub amp since I installed a new sub in the factory enclosure. There are ones small enough to fit the factory amp location, so it's definitely a reasonable option. This Punch sub can take some power, so I'd try that first.

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
There are some subs that might fit the spare tire wheel well. Audison has a shallow preloaded box as well as Eton. Don't know if they are available where you live, but you could measure your spare tire wheel well and check on their websites if their subs would fit.

OP
OP

Hilfloskind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Luckily the original owner had the foresight to buy a spare tire, so that won't be an option in my case.

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I bought my JL Stealthbox used for 6 months off this site for $400.

Bought an amp 100, and wires, 50

550,‘I had an amazing bass. 10x more than regular shaker subs.

I’d look into them, or look crutchfield see if any open boxs
D0E269ED-EAC6-43BD-8ABA-B688B7DEF972.jpeg

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
+1 on the stealthbox.
i had the upgraded speaker in the original sub box, then upgraded the amp, then went stealthbox.
Should have.saved money and went directly to stealth.
that thing slams with the 300a amp I used.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
+1 on the stealthbox.
i had the upgraded speaker in the original sub box, then upgraded the amp, then went stealthbox.
Should have.saved money and went directly to stealth.
that thing slams with the 300a amp I used.
What is a 300a amplifier?

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Oops, supposed to be 300watt

StangTime

Threads