gammer2019

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christopher
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
He is my situation, today I replaced the factory struts with the new koni special active set up, the car rides and drives great. However I now have a rubber sounding squeak when turning the wheel left or right from both sides, Everything seems tight and correct. Also toe on the passenger side seems off which is odd. This is a 17 gt on eibach pro kit springs.
Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
He is my situation, today I replaced the factory struts with the new koni special active set up, the car rides and drives great. However I now have a rubber sounding squeak when turning the wheel left or right from both sides, Everything seems tight and correct. Also toe on the passenger side seems off which is odd. This is a 17 gt on eibach pro kit springs.
Lowering the car causes camber to go more negative. That, in turn, will cause a shift in toe. A further effect on toe comes from strut to knuckle bolt to hole clearances not being the same after the new struts are installed as with the old struts before. Even the hole locations on the new struts could be a little different.

No idea about the squeak.

Norm

TheMegalodon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 Mustang GT PP
If you didn’t replace the strut mounts you definitely should have. Same with the rear shock mounts. I’d say it’s essential when throwing on new dampers and springs. I replace the front strut mounts when I put my Koni Actives on with BMR SP763s and there’s zero noise or issues. However, I didn’t replace my rear shock mounts and I’m sure they wore out causing a lot of annoying rubber/metal chatter. Waiting to install J&M shock mounts in the rear to solve the problem.
Sponsored