Sponsored

Ford shutting down production due to Virus.

HPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
I know for some waiting on a build, it's a PITA. I know for others it just adds to their anxiety.

But all of this will pass. A week or two back, an Australian university identified a couple of existing, safe drugs that kill the virus. A vaccine will also be found.

I don't seek to underplay what's happening right now, but keep your eyes on the end of the tunnel.
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I know for some waiting on a build, it's a PITA. I know for others it just adds to their anxiety.

But all of this will pass. A week or two back, an Australian university identified a couple of existing, safe drugs that kill the virus. A vaccine will also be found.

I don't seek to underplay what's happening right now, but keep your eyes on the end of the tunnel.
Thanks. I dont agree with your optimism. This will be a lot longer.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
If the shutdown continues for two more months, will Ford use the shutdown time to make the switch to production of the 2021 Mustang when production resumes ?

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
I have no idea if I’m in the majority or the minority, Other than some inconvenience, I’m living my life as normal. @Tomster i do probably agree this virus will hang on a bit, but the bans and panic will go away. If you had to have a quarantine now was a good time. In a few weeks weather across the country will be getting nicer and people will get restless. Although bans might not exactly lift people in general will get board, Society in general have the attention span of a toddler. Plus as the money runs out,,,,,,,, the government can only send so many checks and delay mortgage payments so long.
I actually arrived in Florida yesterday, the beach ban? I’m not sure what the exact wording of the law is that is definition of beach? At least 30 boats just beached feet from shore and everyone having a good time.

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
I’m not trying to diminish or take away from the severity of this virus, just from what the news reads and shows and what I am physically seeing. ???

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Morning, JB.

I probably shouldn't be surprised but I sure didn't like hearing about all the people on the beach over your way acting as if nothing is happening.

And I wish I were able to maintain an optimistic outlook as you are, but I'm more than a little concerned.

Enjoy your time and be safe out there.

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
@kilobravo , thing is, these aren’t even kids out there. I’m in the “snowbird” capital of the world. These are 50+ people out on the beach and boats. The main population segment that we are all worried about?

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Well now THAT surprises me JB but considering your location, perhaps not, at least as far as age is concerned. I figure the folks in the botes, (almost rhymes <grin>) are pretty much the same as someone in a vehicle in terms of their exposure to others. But people congregating on the beach I don't get.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
There are strong restrictions in several states, including Cali, NY, NJ and CT. There will be more states jumping on board with these states as this situation escalates. However, these restrictions do not include driving your car. From what I have read, gas stations have been classified as an "essential" business that are exempt from closure. Although Florida has not yet instituted wide spread mandatory closures, beaches and restaurants have finally been added to the list, and likely more to come. Point being, I have enjoyed getting out of the house for a cruise on the less traveled roads (silver lining among the dark clouds...along with the cheap fuel). I am relatively certain the lockdown you mentioned in NJ does not include driving your car or other required functions, so I cant see how a new car warranty would be extended or suspended. But again, as we have all seen as of late...anything is possible.
Like I said it was just a question, I dont have mine yet and depending on how this goes virus goes who knows, but I figured I'd ask considering we have never seen anything like this before.

OP
OP
dirty-max

dirty-max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: 2015 Black GT Fully Loaded (Sold) Now: 2020 GT500 (Current)
I’m not trying to diminish or take away from the severity of this virus, just from what the news reads and shows and what I am physically seeing. ???
Supposedly Trump is highly considering a 2 week shutdown of ALL non-essential businesses and could make the announcement as early as Monday or Tuesday. I feel this is the best thing to do, instead of dragging this on, one option at a time. Based on what I've read its just getting worse and worse no matter what has been done so far. We have slowed the spread but that's it. The death % in Italy is over 4.5% now I will say they stopped treating those over 80 due to their healthcare system being completely overwhelmed but at that % that would mean if 7 Billion people get it that's 315 Million deaths aka the equivalent of almost the whole United States dying.. This is some very serious stuff. I also will say the media is using scare tactics but its definitely concerning. It really does seem this may of been some sort of bioweapon or something especially since China is trying to claim we did it when they originally were saying it came from their meat-market in Wuhan. I don't usually believe in conspiracies but this is just crazy.

Sponsored

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
The current world population is 7.8 billion as of March 2020
The current population of China is 1,437,692,169 as of Sunday, March 15, 2020
The current population of India is 1,370,973,711 as of Friday, November 1, 2019

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Supposedly Trump is highly considering a 2 week shutdown of ALL non-essential businesses and could make the announcement as early as Monday or Tuesday. I feel this is the best thing to do, instead of dragging this on, one option at a time. Based on what I've read its just getting worse and worse no matter what has been done so far. We have slowed the spread but that's it. The death % in Italy is over 4.5% now I will say they stopped treating those over 80 due to their healthcare system being completely overwhelmed but at that % that would mean if 7 Billion people get it that's 315 Million deaths aka the equivalent of almost the whole United States dying.. This is some very serious stuff. I also will say the media is using scare tactics but its definitely concerning. It really does seem this may of been some sort of bioweapon or something especially since China is trying to claim we did it when they originally were saying it came from their meat-market in Wuhan. I don't usually believe in conspiracies but this is just crazy.
Italy was slow to react and respond. I too agree that would be a good idea.

I thought I read almost 800 deaths yesterday in Italy, and they are stacking the bodies up in churches.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Considering that they were on the forefront outside of China, Italy responded relatively quickly. Rest of Europe followed suit, first with aggressive testing and then with a total shut down since 13 March. Our response back home lagged a bit but is catching up. Not easy for anybody, so hopefully everyone will share best practices and lessons learned so we come out of this better off than we were when we went into it.

Snakebite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Supposedly Trump is highly considering a 2 week shutdown of ALL non-essential businesses and could make the announcement as early as Monday or Tuesday.
I was told the same information by an insider. It was rumored the announcement could be made at today's task force update.

Snakebite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
@kilobravo , thing is, these aren’t even kids out there. I’m in the “snowbird” capital of the world. These are 50+ people out on the beach and boats. The main population segment that we are all worried about?
Hey JB, glad to see you made it safely.

I took a drive along Ft. Myers Beach to downtown Naples earlier today. Saw mostly walkers on Ft. Myers Beach but overall minimal traffic and activity compared to the norm this time of year. Lots of boats, but that is a form of localized containment so IMO a safe alternative. Downtown Naples looked like a ghost town. A few walkers about town, but most businesses closed.

Did you drive the Shelby down?
Sponsored