Sponsored

For those who traded a vehicle you loved, for an S550, was it worth it?

BLUDICE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
0C6C3FC5-638C-4518-950E-65778A2D02B2.jpeg
E6A5F093-3AAF-4A05-958A-66973B403E1E.jpeg

Traded a C6 2008 Corvette with LT4 interior and some additional rare options for a 2019 EcoBoost and I’m very please. Of course the Vette has that special status but since the Mustang is a daily driver it is a lot more practical. But this Mustang has such acceleration it’s very exciting to drive, gets a lot of compliments at the gas station etc and is so cheap to drive and maintain. The Corvette was my 4th one to own, the Mustang is my 6th - yes I miss owning a Vette but since I’m a senior this Mustang really gets the heart pumping when I drive it.
0C6C3FC5-638C-4518-950E-65778A2D02B2.jpeg
E6A5F093-3AAF-4A05-958A-66973B403E1E.jpeg
Sponsored

Stone pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT/CS
This is my first mustang as a owner. Traded away a Infiniti G37 which was my second. I've owned Harley's several pre48 Street rods and I'm actually pleasantly surprise how much I'm liking my17 GT/CS
Learned first time I played with line lock, I've got to leave that alone or it will be costly, lol.

chesster51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
Sold my 2003 Lightning to an individual to buy a Bullitt. It's been 6 months and I miss that truck at least once a week. I had over 30,000 in mods and the truck made 650/730 at the wheel and was a beast. In the end it was more track than street and too many systems making it overly complicated. I do love my Bullitt though.
Goodbye.jpg

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
This is my first mustang as a owner. Traded away a Infiniti G37 which was my second. I've owned Harley's several pre48 Street rods and I'm actually pleasantly surprise how much I'm liking my17 GT/CS
Learned first time I played with line lock, I've got to leave that alone or it will be costly, lol.
S550s are generally pleasing, almost always offering more than anyone expects, and certainly more than anyone needs. Great fun in any case.

I had S197 GT/CSs, 2009 coupe, 2008 convertible. Traded one on a newer coupe, sold one to CarMax. They were both very satisfying, unique without being too flashy. The new owners each got an excellent car.

On the subject of trading away a beloved vehicle, I am really attached to my current '18 GT PP1, but... I came across a for-sale car I'd really like to have had: 2016 Ecoboost Premium Convertible with Performance Package 1, in GUARD METALLIC! That's like Bullitt Green, and rare as hen's teeth. I actually inquired about the car, learned it is not 50-state smog legal, and would take a couple thousand to ship it from Florida to California. There are a number of Ecoboost Convertibles for sale within California, and a few of them claim to have the Performance Package, but the photos reveal 18-inch wheels, so...

If you happen to see an Ecoboost Premium Convertible that actually has the Performance Package (1 or 2), in any color (GUARD METALLIC, Red, or yellow Yellow YELLOW preferred), that's less than 40,000 miles old and smog legal for California, I'll ditch the yellow Yellow YELLOW coupe without hesitation.

Hilfloskind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Ecoboost Convertible - Kona Blue
I didn't trade it per-se, but I had a total with my previous VW GTI. I knew for years I was going to get a Mustang when it finally died on me, just happened sooner than expected.

That being said, I absolutely love driving my 2018 Kona Blue EcoBoost Convertible. I loved my GTI to death and this car definitely softened the blow of losing my beloved VW. Ford did an outstanding job with this platform. Simply gorgeous and full of fantastic tech and details. In my opinion, it's the best body style since the old school originals.
Sponsored