Car soon to be Available in Portland, OR

ttrabosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TY
Vehicle(s)
97 GT Convertible
I will be calling my dealer this evening and letting him know I will be releasing my hold on a car. The last week has brought some economic realities that has me just not ready to spend on a luxury like this for myself. It's been a fun few months watching as the car moved through the process of getting built and released, then pulled back into the plant for something. The Car is current on a Train in approximately Spokane Washington as it heads to Portland. I suspect that is a few more days until it gets to the dealer here in Portland. I have no idea what kind of deals the dealer will be willing to do but will send you details of who to contact if interested PM me. The car stickers at $79,495 and back in October when I ordered they wanted a handsome ADM. Good luck to all and safe travels as you enjoy your cars.

:crying::crying::crying:

Shadow Black
Exposed Carbon Fiber I/P
Technology Package
Handling Package
Sponsored

Last edited:

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
I will be calling my dealer this evening and letting him know I will be releasing my hold on a car. The last week has brought some economic realities that has me just not ready to spend on a luxury like this for myself. It's been a fun few months watching as the car moved through the process of getting built and released, then pulled back into the plant for something. The Car is current on a Train in approximately Spokane Washington as it heads to Portland. I suspect that is a few more days until it gets to the dealer here in Portland. I have no idea what kind of deals the dealer will be willing to do but will send you details of who to contact if interested PM me. The car stickers at $79,495 and back in October when I ordered they wanted a handsome ADM. Good luck to all and safe travels as you enjoy your cars.

:crying::crying::crying:

Shadow Black
Exposed Carbon Fiber I/P
Technology Package
Handling Package
There is a ShelbyGT500 on the floor for sale at SkyLine Ford in Salem,Or,$132,805.00

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE, 1967GT Fastback S code,
There is a ShelbyGT500 on the floor for sale at SkyLine Ford in Salem,Or,$132,805.00
Skyline also has a GT350 non R for 77,000 and change. He always has cool stuff and charges
accordingly.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Rarity vs keeping the lights on....

Anyone looking for a deal ought to be patient now, especially now.

In this climate, I would not be in a hurry to pay a large (or any) ADM.

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Rarity vs keeping the lights on....

Anyone looking for a deal ought to be patient now, especially now.

In this climate, I would not be in a hurry to pay a large (or any) ADM.

Are you suggesting I try to negotiate my already reasonable ADM on the incoming Iconic Silver
based I ordered ? Sounds like a plan, I did agree to the price and would hate to lose a deal
I've been waiting on since Sept, due to be delivered 4/17.

Sponsored

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Skyline also has a GT350 non R for 77,000 and change. He always has cool stuff and charges
accordingly.
Back in the day the guy at Skyline sat on a 350 and 350R for months and months was asking huge ADM. Sometimes
I think dealers keep them just to draw attention to their showroom.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Are you suggesting I try to negotiate my already reasonable ADM on the incoming Iconic Silver
based I ordered ? Sounds like a plan, I did agree to the price and would hate to lose a deal
I've been waiting on since Sept, due to be delivered 4/17.
Yes, but the price to pay could be a blown deal. Proceed at your own risk.

Edited to add:
Find a number that is reasonable and you are willing to accept. After that, walk.

This is an extraordinary opportunity for someone who is in the position to execute. The 5k numbers will probably not happen and depending on the configuration, could be a rare car.

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)

Edited to add:
Find a number that is reasonable and you are willing to accept. After that, walk.

This is an extraordinary opportunity for someone who is in the position to execute. The 5k numbers will probably not happen and depending on the configuration, could be a rare car.
Agreed, that would take balls, be nice to find a CFTP in this market, i'm dreaming.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Agreed, that would take balls, be nice to find a CFTP in this market, i'm dreaming.
That would be a reach anywhere near MSRP.

Happy hunting.

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)

Edited to add:

Thing is the dealer promised he would hold the car even though guys are possibly offering 20K over.

Sponsored

ThreeFiveO

Chassis #1356
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350 Track Pack
He's probably bluffing. The play right now would probably be trying to score a better back up deal elsewhere without losing the car you already have secured. Catch 22 is if production is stopped then there will actually be less of them out there. Probably even tougher with a track pack. No telling how it will play out but the longer the crisis exists the better the deals will get. In the end it will depend on how bad you want the car.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Thing is the dealer promised he would hold the car even though guys are possibly offering 20K over.
ThreeFiveO offered some good advice.

If you can find one in a showroom somewhere, dealers will be motivated to make a sale.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
My local dealer has one . I have spent
$20-$30K /year in their service department on mods over the last 5 years (damn) ,bought 4 mustangs /leased a Ford Explorer at least 3 times over the last 10 years and they still want $20K ADM. ...Base car (but just how I would build it ) stickers for $81K so I assume has tech pack too .... but no thanks and no rush .

I will keep rocking by 2 “ home built “5.2” ‘s (Hellion TT/3.2KB) , Whippled GT350 and Whippled 18 GT (soon to have its own 5.2 ) till they come to their senses .

Still would loved to be able to add a GT 500 to my collection of 5.2’s . ....then I think I will be done . Lol

01D87D42-0A85-46A3-8265-4358ACD0A229.jpeg

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
I do think ADM’s may hang around for a bit .
Yes , demand is sure to dwindle with all the COVID 19 stuff but so will supply if Ford stops building cars .
Sponsored