Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium /2019 Toyota Camry XSE V6

Hivel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
So the unusual & intricate underbelly you call "voids" is strictly cosmetic?
Curious
I'm no Aerodynamics phd but isn't "neutrality" the goal?
The PP1 can be had with out the wing. So, the wing and no wing configurations produce the same rear down force. That’s what neutral means for the PP1.

The PP2, GT350, and GT500 cars all have front splitters that create down force. So, all those cars need wings/spoilers that produce rear down force to balance the car. You can’t opt to delete the wings/spoilers from those cars.

Cheers,

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
The PP1 can be had with out the wing. So, the wing and no wing configurations produce the same rear down force. That’s what neutral means for the PP1.

The PP2, GT350, and GT500 cars all have front splitters that create down force. So, all those cars need wings/spoilers that produce rear down force to balance the car. You can’t opt to delete the wings/spoilers from those cars.

Cheers,
Share your CD numbers with & w/o please

Hivel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Share your CD numbers with & w/o please
I’ve got no reason to argue with you. I posted the reasoning I used to define neutrality between no wing and the PP1 wing.

But, CD isn’t a measure of downforce. Its simply a figure of merit. Less CD for a given amount of downforce is a more efficient wing/spoiler design.

Cheers,
Sponsored