moh

Threads
Reaction score
4283 Express Lane Suite 595-066 Sarasota, FL 34249
First Name
Mohammed
Vehicle(s)
ex 2015 GT
Unless you're trying to make max power, just go with the Roush theme you've already got going. So far none of them seem like bad choices. I'm not sure I believe all the power numbers of the new versions of the 2650's places have started saying they're making. I'm going to wait for judgment until a bunch of average guys get them and see what numbers they really make.

That's a screamin deal for the amount of power that you get w/ the roush.
Average guy with eb 2650 stage1 with stock airbox. Id1050x and no BAP. Got 610whp on 91 custom tune.
Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Average guy with eb 2650 stage1 with stock airbox. Id1050x and no BAP. Got 610whp on 91 custom tune.
Dynojet or other? Do you have the graph? Tuned by?

Platinum_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2021 10R Whipple
Tuning definitely changes the game. There’s no doubt about that.
For clarity, my point wasn’t really TVS vs Whipple but more “torque vs PEAK power”.
A better illustration is below.
Green line makes more peak power.
Red line doesn’t care, because he has more power available pretty much all of the time, and not just a bit, a LOT more.
Green likes dyno days, red likes to party.
The catch is that the average horsepower from 6-8k is probably very similar between the two cars, so green might not even win the race, despite making more peak power...
I’d have to do the math to calculate it for sure. I think the point is obvious enough though.
This is why I hate it when I see people talking about how much rwhp they make.
On the right (wrong?) shape curve, it means JACK SHIT!

9045C322-A294-418F-AC5D-ACB502987DDB.jpeg
So these 2 graphs are a Whipple car vs a TVS car? I've never seen a 780whp Whipple car only make 515TQ, that number is way off. At 745whp I'm 566, SAE correction.
Daniel Mustang 1.png
Daniel Mustang 1.png
Daniel Mustang 1.png

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
So these 2 graphs are a Whipple car vs a TVS car? I've never seen a 780whp Whipple car only make 515TQ, that number is way off. At 745whp I'm 566, SAE correction.
Daniel Mustang 1.png
Daniel Mustang 1.png
Daniel Mustang 1.png
Again, the point wasn’t “Whipple vs TVS”...
I was simply trying to illustrate a point. Hence, I deliberately left out which was which or even the fact that one is a GT350 and the other is a GT500...
The GT 350 part will probably explain why the torque was so low on this particular vehicle. The Voodoo isn’t strong in that department.
The GT500 is running lower CR and more boost.
I left all of this out for the simple reason that it’s like comparing apples with oranges. I just wanted a chart that showed two different torque curves and how peak power doesn’t necessarily tell you everything you need to know.

Platinum_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2021 10R Whipple
Again, the point wasn’t “Whipple vs TVS”...
I was simply trying to illustrate a point. Hence, I deliberately left out which was which or even the fact that one is a GT350 and the other is a GT500...
The GT 350 part will probably explain why the torque was so low on this particular vehicle. The Voodoo isn’t strong in that department.
The GT500 is running lower CR and more boost.
I left all of this out for the simple reason that it’s like comparing apples with oranges. I just wanted a chart that showed two different torque curves and how peak power doesn’t necessarily tell you everything you need to know.
Yes I can completely agree with that when looking at these two graphs. The 350 would get destroyed in a race there.

Sponsored

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
I wouldn’t get too caught up in the whole dyno peak and curve thing. My car has never been a shocking dyno performer, and consensus it’s dont make any decent power or tOrQue below 6000 yet it has repeatedly gone up against cars of different power adders and setups making more peak and/or more power “under the curve” and it has came out on top. My saying is “do you”, focus on your shit, people that spend too much time looking at others’ car while they try to setup their own hardly hardly ever come out with a decent running car.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn’t get too caught up in the whole dyno peak and curve thing. My car has never been a shocking dyno performer, and consensus it’s dont make any decent power or tOrQue below 6000 yet it has repeatedly gone up against cars of different power adders and setups making more peak and/or more power “under the curve” and it has came out on top. My saying is “do you”, focus on your shit, people that spend too much time looking at others’ car while they try to setup their own hardly hardly ever come out with a decent running car.
I’m not sure which part of any of this you object to?
It looks to me like you’re using racing as the metric or am I misunderstanding you?

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
No one in specific. General talk about car hitting a little harder at this or that RPM or 10hp here or there. Or even more putting any kind of weight on what dynos say.
Sponsored