Sponsored

Ford shutting down production due to Virus.

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE, 1967GT Fastback S code,
Unfortunately saw that coming, even more so with the closing of the border to non essential traffic...

Wishing everyone here good health and patience second.
Can’t imagine not closing at this point, to many bodies in a confined work space.

Hang in there and stay safe

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Being on the front lines myself, I knew it was imminent. Not only for this industry, but ALL industry. Hang on fella's, it's gonna get bumpy.

I feel for everyone awaiting a deal, VIN, build, shipping, delivery, everything.... Hang in guys.

Please be smart, and safe.

Also, wash your hands! lol

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
I saw the writing on the wall, plus wouldn't have made a difference cant go anywhere anyway, Hopefully this will all subside once the weather warms up consistently and we all can get back to our lives, but in the mean time everyone needs to be safe, cant drive when there is no one to build the car.

Sponsored

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
Now that Ford has stopped production , I am thinking they may have to wait until the end of April before they resume production. Two weeks is too short of a time for the virus to really spread,

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Hi-PO: I am in agreement on the time period being too short and I foresee a much longer, drawn out shutdown of non-essential businesses. Hell, it may even come to weeks of "shelter in place." Won't that be swell? <sigh>

OP
OP
dirty-max

dirty-max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: 2015 Black GT Fully Loaded (Sold) Now: 2020 GT500 (Current)
I have a faulty exhaust actuator on my car and had to scramble to find the part before all of this stuff gets bad. Supposedly Ford Parts/warranty claims according to my dealer are about to shutdown as well! Definitely could be months before we see things back to normal this Coronavirus stuff is getting scary. You guys stay safe!

lateinthegame

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Since the production has stopped, I can imagine the ADM's on the GT500. OMG!!!!

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Bummer, Max and I sure hope you get her repaired quickly but yes, this situation is very serious. We all need to get our heads around that fact and act accordingly, me thinks.

Sponsored

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Here is a question that comes to mind, being that majority if not soon all will be on lockdown, is Ford going to suspend the warranty on the people who have gotten their car but now are on lockdown?Obviously mileage doesnt count, but people under the 36,000 mile lose "X" months of warranty?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Here is a question that comes to mind, being that majority if not soon all will be on lockdown, is Ford going to suspend the warranty on the people who have gotten their car but now are on lockdown?Obviously mileage doesnt count, but people under the 36,000 mile lose "X" months of warranty?
The warranty wouldnt go away, but service would be suspended until things resume.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
The warranty wouldnt go away, but service would be suspended until things resume.
Well thats what I mean, think of it this way, "Joe X" got his car Jan. Being that we are in March, Joe now is in lockdown lets say for the next 6 months, is the warranty was in effect and from Jan to March is 2 months which then leaves 34 months, but is he's in lockdown for 6 months that would then drop to 28 months before he can start using is car, so does that mean his warranty now is at 28 months, or are they suspending the warranty and have it resume at 34 months after the lockdown?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Well thats what I mean, think of it this way, "Joe X" got his car Jan. Being that we are in March, Joe now is in lockdown lets say for the next 6 months, is the warranty was in effect and from Jan to March is 2 months which then leaves 34 months, but is he's in lockdown for 6 months that would then drop to 28 months before he can start using is car, so does that mean his warranty now is at 28 months, or are they suspending the warranty and have it resume at 34 months after the lockdown?
Well what do I know, but I dont think ford will extend your warranty. However if you submit a claim before it is up, then you are covered. A simple phone call with a message left as a time stamp would probably suffice.

Snakebite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
There are strong restrictions in several states, including Cali, NY, NJ and CT. There will be more states jumping on board with these states as this situation escalates. However, these restrictions do not include driving your car. From what I have read, gas stations have been classified as an "essential" business that are exempt from closure. Although Florida has not yet instituted wide spread mandatory closures, beaches and restaurants have finally been added to the list, and likely more to come. Point being, I have enjoyed getting out of the house for a cruise on the less traveled roads (silver lining among the dark clouds...along with the cheap fuel). I am relatively certain the lockdown you mentioned in NJ does not include driving your car or other required functions, so I cant see how a new car warranty would be extended or suspended. But again, as we have all seen as of late...anything is possible.
Sponsored