Another shock/strut/spring post

86pagt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dale
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
Yes a lot of info and reading on this subject but wanted to ask thoughts on a setup

2019 Mustang PP1
After reading it appears the hood bounce can be because of the rear shocks...
What about a setup that would changed out the rear shock with either a bilstein or FP track shock, go with the FP X-spring or BMR min drop springs and keep the PP1 struts.
I will never track the car just want get rid of the wheel gap, firm up the car a bit for spirited driving and no hood bounce. Thank you in advance on advice.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Yes a lot of info and reading on this subject but wanted to ask thoughts on a setup

2019 Mustang PP1
After reading it appears the hood bounce can be because of the rear shocks...
What about a setup that would changed out the rear shock with either a bilstein or FP track shock, go with the FP X-spring or BMR min drop springs and keep the PP1 struts.
I will never track the car just want get rid of the wheel gap, firm up the car a bit for spirited driving and no hood bounce. Thank you in advance on advice.
BMR min drop springs and change the dampers. One and done and be happy.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Hood bounce?

Sponsored

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
What dampeners do you recommend
When driving on highway with the stock PP suspension you can feel a bounce at the back of the car which inevitably unsettle the front as well. I know what you are talking about and you can see it happening on the straight in my track video: Serres Circuit - Mustang GT - 1:39.012 This is not because of the shocks though but because of the factory dampeners.

You could go ether with Ford Racing Track Shocks and struts or with Bilshtain B6 or with Steada Pro-Action Adjustable. I hope this helps.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
What dampeners do you recommend
The Ford Performance Track or Bilstein B6. It makes a lot of sense to do all four while you're doing springs, but up to you. It will ride better overall and be more responsive and planted. There are tons of super happy people on this forum that only DD their cars with this combination.

StrongFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, MT, Deep Impact Blue, 401A
The Ford Performance Track or Bilstein B6. It makes a lot of sense to do all four while you're doing springs, but up to you. It will ride better overall and be more responsive and planted. There are tons of super happy people on this forum that only DD their cars with this combination.
@BmacIL are the Bilstein's proven as a good match for BMR linear springs, or is the recommendation based more on reputation?

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
not the actual hood bouncing ... maybe should have said the front end..
I think I had this happen on my non PP mustang. It felt like I was going over tiny speed bumps but the road was smooth.
It freaked me out. It was almost like my car was bucking..lol

I read on here how crappy the stock dampers are so I figured that was issue. Even thought my brothers stock 2016 has never had this issue.

Since the BMR springs, PP front struts, and Steeda rear shocks it hasn't done it.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
From what I read on here they valved similar to the steeda pro-actions but they do ride a little harsher.
I've really gotta go get these various dampers on a dyno. I have Pro-actives, Pro-Action adjustable, RTR (Koni OEM I think), and Bilstein B6.

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
I've really gotta go get these various dampers on a dyno. I have Pro-actives, Pro-Action adjustable, RTR (Koni OEM I think), and Bilstein B6.
I planned on going with the Bilstein but just decided with what I have now per some members on here.
Sponsored