Automatic skipping to 3rd

Baso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bassem
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 2016 Mustang V6
Has anyone's 6r80 ever skipped 1st gear into 3rd on hard acceleration? Mine does it every so often when in full auto mode, traction control partially off and wheel slippage occurs. At first I thought it's just the stability control kicking in to stop the car from spinning out of control, but now I'm starting to get second thoughts. Could it be a trans issue? Note that it doesn't do that when I'm using paddles in Sport mode. Motor's a 3.7, car is on a MPT 93Prx tune engine+trans

Edit: I just so happened be filming when it happened

The car goes hard wheels slipping but skips into 3rd, and then goes back into 2nd (I had the pedal all the way through throughout the entire ordeal) to accelerate.
Edit 2: I would like to add that the tune on the car is really aggressive, so the shifts from 1 to 2 and 2 to 3 are always and sometimes (respectively) hard and jerky so in wet situation you can feel the car jerk horizontally when it shifts. This leads me to believe it could just be, as I stated, the stab control doing its job. Would still like your input on this issue though.
Sponsored

Last edited: