Sponsored

Things you never knew your car did!

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Different hardware/software. It simply doesn't exist.
It’s not different hardware or software for the analog gauge clusters in 2018+ cars minus the LED halo brought back from 2013-2014 MY Mustangs. The GT350 always had it, not just the 2018+ models, and those certainly had the same gauge cluster as the other Mustangs. I remember people on here talking about using Forscan to enable it on non-Shelbys back in 2015 when I had my 2016 MY GT.
Could it be absent on 2015 MY cars? Possibly. On 2016-2017 cars? Doubtful. It would’ve cost Ford more to have two separate info display hardware/softwares made for the Shelby and non-Shelby in 2016 & 2017 vs simply disabling/enabling the “feature” upon production. It’s the same reason you can use Forscan to have Sync3 boot with various Ford logos, including the Ford GT’s: it’s already loaded in there, just not set.
Sponsored

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
It’s not different hardware or software for the analog gauge clusters in 2018+ cars minus the LED halo brought back from 2013-2014 MY Mustangs. The GT350 always had it, not just the 2018+ models, and those certainly had the same gauge cluster as the other Mustangs. I remember people on here talking about using Forscan to enable it on non-Shelbys back in 2015 when I had my 2016 MY GT.
Could it be absent on 2015 MY cars? Possibly. On 2016-2017 cars? Doubtful. It would’ve cost Ford more to have two separate info display hardware/softwares made for the Shelby and non-Shelby in 2016 & 2017 vs simply disabling/enabling the “feature” upon production. It’s the same reason you can use Forscan to have Sync3 boot with various Ford logos, including the Ford GT’s: it’s already loaded in there, just not set.
doubful, maybe, but they are different.

This has been thoroughly investigated and the '15-'17 non-Shelby cars do not have a digital speedometer outside of engineering mode which cannot be enabled by default by simply changing as-built data.

The hardware may not be different, but the firmware absolutely is.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
i didnt know that when you shut your car off and turn it on, the seats go back for you..

because im tall, and drive with the seat as far back as it'll go. i only realized because i let the wife drive and she had to move the seat up. so when she turned the car off, she's like.. oh wow the seats move back on their own..
That's part of the safe & smart package called Easy Entry & Exit. Only on the 401A cars.

W.O.T. Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 401A
If you need a quick sweep of your wipers, pull the stalk very briefly and it will clean your windshield with one sweep without spraying washer fluid or any other features.

Sponsored

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
If you need a quick sweep of your wipers, pull the stalk very briefly and it will clean your windshield with one sweep without spraying washer fluid or any other features.
When using the washer the blades will make 3 passes, pause a bit, then make a 4th pass.

In the "I wish it did" category.
I miss the courtesy wipe when in intermittent mode when you release the brake like my old Ridgeline did.

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
Cruising along, keeping up with 80 MPH traffic, I heard the Driver Door Is Ajar/Trunk Is Ajar bong-bong-bong alarm. Neither was true. There is a Too Fast sound in the dash cam, set at 75 MPH, but it's not loud enough to overcome travel noise at that speed, and it's a wimpy sound at best. I thought it might have improved its voice, so I slowed to 66 MPH, but the bong-bong-bong continued. Slowed even more to check all the dash information displays. The only thing active was the left turn green arrow, a leftover from my usual freeway entry/merge lane changes. Cancelled it and the bong-bong-bong ended.

Would I be safe in saying there are Driver Door Is Ajar/Trunk Is Ajar/Hood Is Ajar AND Old Guy Left His Turn Signal On bong bong bong alerts built in? I'd be too embarrassed to drive around out there and test for it.
A FEW WEEKS LATER: Perusal of my new-car Owners Manual shows that there will be an audible Alert after the Old Guy's car travels two miles without cancelling the turn signal. Page 87 in the 2019 book.
Heh.

Mastodon2k

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I learned I have heated mirrors. I’ve had the car for nearly a year and a half, and apparently never noticed that little symbol on the glass before now.

Funny thing is, I was looking at adding that as part of the BLIS upgrade.

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2001 Ford Lightning, 1968 Ford Mustang
Push the stalk down instead of up and it will do the same thing....

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
Wishing they made it go up now with FOB
Mine go down with unlock and up with lock.
But I think I turned it on with forscan

Sponsored

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
When using the washer the blades will make 3 passes, pause a bit, then make a 4th pass.

In the "I wish it did" category.
I miss the courtesy wipe when in intermittent mode when you release the brake like my old Ridgeline did.
on my car I have a curtesy wipe setting I can turn on and off. I have the premium with spped sensing wipers not sure if thats why. but the setting is in the menu to turn it on or off. I leave it off cause i diidnt know what it did.

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
We have looked at it in Forscan but did not find it, Do you know where and what to look for? What MY do you have, Mine is a 19 GT350R.

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
We have looked at it in Forscan but did not find it, Do you know where and what to look for? What MY do you have, Mine is a 19 GT350R.
It's a 2018
Pretty sure I found it in the forscan thread

wade001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wade
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Prem. 10r80, PP1, 401A, Active Exhaust
yeah, just tried.. mine dont go up with 2x press (and hold) of lock.. but do go down when i 2x press (and hold) unlock..

from my understanding, people have been trying for ages to get global auto window up to work from the fob.. you'd be the first person i heard of getting it to work on the mustang

it'd be nice to know what you changed to get it to work, because the changes used on the f150 to enable global windows up, doesnt seem to work on the mustang
Sponsored