Sai Li & Boost

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
Mine is solid at 900whp. I did lose a pump about 4 months after I installed the kit but Sai replaced it for me.
Sponsored

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Mine is solid at 900whp. I did lose a pump about 4 months after I installed the kit but Sai replaced it for me.
Good to know it has that potential. What injectors are you running and are you on E85? Having the turbo helps as well.

OP
OP
bluebeastsrt

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
This thread has got me thinking about monitoring fuel pressure now. How did you know you lost a pump? Did you get a shit load of codes? Or do you have a dedicated guage in the cabin? I had a f%&k ton of guages in the race car. But I gotta admit. I never looked at them when making a pass.

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
@3beeps how much boost you making? Getting ready to install my D1X and expecting high 14 to mid 15psi. Lund has confirmed that is the spot they start seeing issues with Sai Li's base kit. I am going to go ahead and try it and see where the car is at....Jon and I agreed if we see leaning I will upgrade the fuel system. Currently have Sai Lis base system on the car.

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
@3beeps how much boost you making? Getting ready to install my D1X and expecting high 14 to mid 15psi. Lund has confirmed that is the spot they start seeing issues with Sai Li's base kit. I am going to go ahead and try it and see where the car is at....Jon and I agreed if we see leaning I will upgrade the fuel system. Currently have Sai Lis base system on the car.
I am peaking 15.5 psi when I'm on kill (which is rare) which is a little over 900whp, I'm guessing. I dynod 903whp @ 15 psi before the headers and ball bearing upgrade. Logs show it isn't leaning out but I'm sure it's nearly tapped out.
Good to know it has that potential. What injectors are you running and are you on E85? Having the turbo helps as well.
ID1050X and yea, E85 from the pump. Never tried C85 or Ignite Red or any of those.
This thread has got me thinking about monitoring fuel pressure now. How did you know you lost a pump? Did you get a shit load of codes? Or do you have a dedicated guage in the cabin? I had a f%&k ton of guages in the race car. But I gotta admit. I never looked at them when making a pass.
I didn't realize I had lost a pump until I put the car on the dyno (coincidence) and saw my dyno graph looked like a mountain. On 6 psi, it was perfectly normal. On anything more, the graph would show normal peak torque and then a sudden loss of torque. Logs showed 17.0+ AFR after about 4500 RPM. I have no idea how my motor was unaffected lol. Lund thinks it was so lean that it just never ignited the E85. Saved by the corn, I guess.

Oh, and I knew it was the fuel pump because we tested both pumps. One was getting power normally and the other was dead. The car drove perfectly other than at WOT above 4500 RPM with the boost turned up, so I didn't realize the pump was dead for who knows how long lol. But now my eyes are glued to Lambda on my nGauge like a hawk.

Last edited:

Sponsored

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
Just installed a Sai Li return fuel system on the Mustang. And wanted to hear what your experiences have been with this system. I currently run a full bolt on Paxton 2200. 3.6 pulley. The car has went 10.2@136 on a 93 octane tune? I’d like to put it in the 9s this fall running E85. Stock weight of 4100. But enough about my plans. Tell me about your Sai Li set up and tune.
I think I heard you running at Atco last week! Someone was running a snarly engine!!

CVCashmere

PC 2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ordered 2019 ruby red pp1 A10 with whipple stage 2
I was at atco last Tuesday. Were you two there?

Last edited:
OP
OP
bluebeastsrt

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
I think I heard you running at Atco last week! Someone was running a snarly engine!!

CVCashmere
Me and my wife switch out every other round. I ran a couple of 10.3s she was all over the map like usual. But we were there having fun.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Yup thats the problem if you dont have a fuel pressure guage in the car or logging all the time you are not going to know if your running lean.I logged mine alot when i first put it in and noticed on the cooler days i was going lean.And my system had Sai li identical parts except a bigger return line.So if i.were you if your going to run e85 in the future i would look at putting a fuel pressure guage in the car.Im going to.do this still even with having the fore hat and 2 465 pumps.

OP
OP
bluebeastsrt

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Yup thats the problem if you dont have a fuel pressure guage in the car or logging all the time you are not going to know if your running lean.I logged mine alot when i first put it in and noticed on the cooler days i was going lean.And my system had Sai li identical parts except a bigger return line.So if i.were you if your going to run e85 in the future i would look at putting a fuel pressure guage in the car.Im going to.do this still even with having the fore hat and 2 465 pumps.
After thinging about it a little harder. I think im going to try to find a guage. That will change colors. So itll draw your attention if something goes south. Mount it on the A-pillar.

Sponsored

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
After thinging about it a little harder. I think im going to try to find a guage. That will change colors. So itll draw your attention if something goes south. Mount it on the A-pillar.
Yes i am looking for something like this also,some sort of alarm visual or audible that Goes off it you hit a certain fuel pressure.

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
Yes i am looking for something like this also,some sort of alarm visual or audible that Goes off it you hit a certain fuel pressure.
Glowshivt elite 10 color has low and high pressure warning flash/chimes. I used them before and they work great, you can program the low/high pressure threshold and it'll chime at you if you trip them. Super cheap gauges too =, like $180 for boost and fuel pressure set

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
Glowshivt elite 10 color has low and high pressure warning flash/chimes. I used them before and they work great, you can program the low/high pressure threshold and it'll chime at you if you trip them. Super cheap gauges too =, like $180 for boost and fuel pressure set
Nice i will have to look into them.

Rebirth_18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Reviving this old thread but I recently installed the Sai Li dual kit in my 19 A10 Whipple car. I am running the 3.75 pulley and pump E85, actually my car is tuned for E70 by Lund . I started out with the 3.87 pulley made 730whp, I thought numbers were low but logs looked good coulda been the dyno. I drove the car for a month wanted to make sure everything was good before I dropped to a 3.75 which was my original intent. After dropping to the 3.75 I waited till it was a cool day and logged the car, the car started dropping fuel pressure at 6300 rpm to 52psi. It's not in danger zone but tells me the fuel system is maxed. I just spent a bunch of money so going with a full return is not in the cards right now. Dakota suggested that I replace one of the pumps with a new DW 400 and he said should take care of the issue.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Id definitely get after it and try to fix the situation. I just saw my rail pressure on my dual HP 465 Fore system rise from 60 at WOT to about 72psi at 7800rpms on my procharger car.
Sponsored