Sponsored

2019 GT Rattle

gmupatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Orange Fury), 401A, A10, 3.55
How do you do this?
You will need to take off the A-pillar cover. Its not hard, just take your time pulling it off and be mindful that the bottom of the A-pillar near the dash is hooked into a J shaped hook. You will have to twist and turn the A-pillar around that base where it meets the dash. Once you have the A-pillar unhooked, you will need to make sure to un-hook the tweeter wire to you have complete removal of the pillar cover giving you room to work. I used a velcro tape to line the pillar and wrap the tweeter wire plug. Then put everything back together. Before you put things back, tap around the metal areas of the A-pillar to see if you hear the buzzing or rattle you experience. Also make sure the tweeter itself is secure and not lose and rattling. I used the velcro all over the pillar to tie down anything that felt like it could move around or rattle/buzz.

Good luck!
Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Yeah. Surprisingly the dealer got rid of the noise. So I'm rattle free at the moment
What did they do? The dealer should have provided a work order identifying what they did to your car.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
They added padding to the headliner and uninstalled and reinstalled the curtain airbag and added padding to that as well
If you have the opportunity to share exactly what is stated in your repair invoice (or provide a redacted copy), that would be really appreciated so I have an exact reference should I go to the dealer. I realize this is a pain, but would be much appreciated.

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
They added padding to the headliner and uninstalled and reinstalled the curtain airbag and added padding to that as well
Thank you. Others will appreciate this. I don't have a rattle there but if it ever develops I know what to do. Airbag rattles seem to be common in this car.

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
For future reference, another place to look at as the source of passenger side rattles is the defrost strip right under the windshield. It took me a long time to figure out where the rough road rattling was coming from, but that piece can rattle around very intermittently and cause unyielding aggravation. In order to remove that strip, you have to remove the A pillars, the center dash trim piece that goes across the dash and holds the center gauges, and the center speaker cover. Once that is done, you can slowly pry up on the defrost strip. You'll need to carefully unplug the ambient light sensor in the middle of this strip and the collision warning light on the drivers side (if equipped). It's a pain to remove because of how close it is to the windshield, but it is doable. Once it is out, you can add weatherstrip foam in long strips to the top and bottom of the leading edge (where it meets the windshield) and add some foam on the underside as long as the foam is thin enough to allow the strip to be clipped back into place.

Emilbadal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emil
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Auto DIB
I have one intermittent rattle/cracking sound that is driving me insane, and I haven’t been able to locate the cause yet but I can swear that it’s coming from the sunvisor. But no matter how much I tap squeeze, pressure or whatever, that sound just keeps coming. I push on headliner or push or tap on the A-pillar cover but nothing seems to replicate the sound. I have treated the doors and the dashboard trims all around. But this one noise I cannot find. It mostly comes when there’s a rough patch of road I’m driving on.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
I have one intermittent rattle/cracking sound that is driving me insane, and I haven’t been able to locate the cause yet but I can swear that it’s coming from the sunvisor. But no matter how much I tap squeeze, pressure or whatever, that sound just keeps coming. I push on headliner or push or tap on the A-pillar cover but nothing seems to replicate the sound. I have treated the doors and the dashboard trims all around. But this one noise I cannot find. It mostly comes when there’s a rough patch of road I’m driving on.
This is for the C pillar, which helped me.

It ay be something similar to this

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
For future reference, another place to look at as the source of passenger side rattles is the defrost strip right under the windshield. It took me a long time to figure out where the rough road rattling was coming from, but that piece can rattle around very intermittently and cause unyielding aggravation. In order to remove that strip, you have to remove the A pillars, the center dash trim piece that goes across the dash and holds the center gauges, and the center speaker cover. Once that is done, you can slowly pry up on the defrost strip. You'll need to carefully unplug the ambient light sensor in the middle of this strip and the collision warning light on the drivers side (if equipped). It's a pain to remove because of how close it is to the windshield, but it is doable. Once it is out, you can add weatherstrip foam in long strips to the top and bottom of the leading edge (where it meets the windshield) and add some foam on the underside as long as the foam is thin enough to allow the strip to be clipped back into place.
I am late to this one but my '20 did indeed have this same issue. I added more padding and re-installed and it has been so much better. My '19 did not have any issues from this point weirdly enough.
Sponsored