Sponsored

COVID-19 Question.....................

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
I believe it's too early to tell. There is still alot of tough decisions that will have to be made concerning protecting lives and or protecting the economy? Unfortunately they are in full panic mode!

edmd007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R, 20 GT500 Iconic CFTP
It will be interesting to see how this affects these dealers and their greedy adms. with the market probably poised to go well below 20k, these guys should be very willing to deal.

doccoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
1967 fastback, 2019 Bullitt
This virus will most likely kill between 1.5-3% of the worlds population.

This virus will most likely bankrupt Ford and the other automakers. Looking for a global depression after that.

You car will most likely be built on time baring Chinese made sensors or parts that have supply chain disruptions in the next couple weeks.

I think people will understand soon enough how bad this is.

uhhh... no.

Sponsored

Coosawjack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Convertible
I would worry more about interruption of food supplies than automobile production and deliveries!!:frown:

Wonder why West Virginia has ZERO COVID-19 cases??:inspect:

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Wonder why West Virginia has ZERO COVID-19 cases??
For one thing, no major airports in the state but even aside from that, I'm gonna guess that "zero" won't last for long now that testing has increased considerably.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
The plant itself is up and running but I wouldn't be surprised to see an interruption at some point. I also expect ADMs to drop off as I know dealers around me are watching their sales dry up across the board. Not exactly the most exciting time to buy a car with everything going on. In my state you wouldn't be able to do much with it given events over 10 people are banned.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
And when you come back in 2 weeks (meanwhile drawing down your strike funds, right?) you get a test and go off to sit in clumps of 50 and if you pass, you're allowed onto the floor. And btw you don't get to go home at the end of your shift, but have to bunk at the factory. And you get re-tested every 4 days. Otherwise the whole thing was an exercise in futility. If you're sick, burn your sick leave. If that's exhausted then maybe then you've been furloughed and go make the claim at the welfare office. Show you're no longer shedding virus, then you can come back to work, and resume occupying your factory cot.

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/media/im...-College-COVID19-NPI-modelling-16-03-2020.pdf
All this happy talk about staying home isn't going to do a damn thing. You're just heating the pot of water on lower heat - the frog still ends up very much boiled.

Think about it - you go to the grocery store. You touch the cart handle that has had a thousand people touch it before you did. And then you load your groceries on the belt that also has had everybody touch it before you. Even better, you whip out your CC and run it thru the payment device and touch the pad to enter your pin or touch 'ok'. And who/how bagged your food? The same cashier who's been touching everything everybody else has been touching all day long...

Last edited:

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
It will be interesting to see how this affects these dealers and their greedy adms. with the market probably poised to go well below 20k, these guys should be very willing to deal.
Cars will sit, get ready for deals on C8’s that guys were gonna buy but not now and asshat dealers that sit on GT500 in there dealership

Deals r coming

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I suspect Ford will continue to produce the GT500 Mustang because a lot of orders were placed last year and this is the time of year Ford ramps up production of the GT500. I could see Ford focus on GT500 production and delay production of other Mustangs for a couple of weeks.
I wonder if autoworkers will be required to wear masks to prevent them from spreading the virus to a coworker.

dsz blade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT PP1
I suspect Ford will continue to produce the GT500 Mustang because a lot of orders were placed last year and this is the time of year Ford ramps up production of the GT500. I could see Ford focus on GT500 production and delay production of other Mustangs for a couple of weeks.
I wonder if autoworkers will be required to wear masks to prevent them from spreading the virus to a coworker.
I would assume the limitation would be how fast they can build the engines. If the engine plant is at reduced shifts, I’m not sure they can really pump out 500s any faster.

Given that car sales are in the toilet anyway, I’m surprised they didn’t shut down. I see some plants going into summer shutdowns over too much inventory (like FCA did with the Cherokee). I really expected a full shutdown now.
Sponsored