2020 GT500 Unscheduled/Material Hold or Clean Registry

ChuckScherr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang; (2) 2019 F250 Diesel Lariats; 2020 Shelby GT500 on order
Well today was good. Got a VIN today with a May 25th build week. We will see if it actually gets built now.
Congrats is in order. And to top it off you were one of the early orders so it’s nice to see an early order getting a VIN. Truly happy for you and hope May comes quickly for you. But if you’ve waited since July I’m sure this wait will be easy
Sponsored

Finch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500(July 8 birthday), 2021 Ranger Tremor
Ok so here is where the pickiness is getting in the way. I saw two of those (wasn’t aware of the magnetic one).

I have an order that is supposedly good with a decent mark up on it. Problem with it is - It’s a purchased allocation from a different dealer. This doesn’t really bother me but because the other dealer submits the order, my dealer is unwilling to really mess with it. They won’t even move the priority code off of 80. So I’m looking at end of 5k allocations at the way this is going.

Per Snoopy, we are at 2880 with May build dates. So I’ll end up losing the entire summer by the time the car is delivered and I had plans, including 6 weeks off work, where I wanted to do stuff with the car. The dealer seems trustworthy enough, but the lack of info sucks and losing the summer sucks.

I was looking FPB one in PA but I’m unsure if I want recaros.
I feel ya. This whole process is a helluva ride no matter what we do. Just wanted to get those out there for anyone interested. I would have been interested but the recaros keep me out. That’s my deal breaker.

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Ok so here is where the pickiness is getting in the way. I saw two of those (wasn’t aware of the magnetic one).

I have an order that is supposedly good with a decent mark up on it. Problem with it is - It’s a purchased allocation from a different dealer. This doesn’t really bother me but because the other dealer submits the order, my dealer is unwilling to really mess with it. They won’t even move the priority code off of 80. So I’m looking at end of 5k allocations at the way this is going.

Per Snoopy, we are at 2880 with May build dates. So I’ll end up losing the entire summer by the time the car is delivered and I had plans, including 6 weeks off work, where I wanted to do stuff with the car. The dealer seems trustworthy enough, but the lack of info sucks and losing the summer sucks.

I was looking FPB one in PA but I’m unsure if I want recaros.
If it were me, the first thing I would do is contact the dealer who has the allocation and have them change the order type to Retail, then I would have the m change the priority to 10. Do you have the order number and dealer code? This will provide you with the dealers information. The original dealer has control over the process. So if you want information you will need to go through him. Your dealer cannot see the VVR.

dsz blade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT PP1
If it were me, the first thing I would do is contact the dealer who has the allocation and have them change the order type to Retail, then I would have the m change the priority to 10. Do you have the order number and dealer code? This will provide you with the dealers information. The original dealer has control over the process. So if you want information you will need to go through him. Your dealer cannot see the VVR.
Ive thought about this but I’m curious if the original dealer would even be willing to discuss the car with me. Id hate to step on toes and piss the purchasing dealer off but it was a little ridiculous I was told priority codes can’t be changed.

Fun fact, this is the second dealer I ordered from that didn’t understand how to manage priority codes.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Ive thought about this but I’m curious if the original dealer would even be willing to discuss the car with me. Id hate to step on toes and piss the purchasing dealer off but it was a little ridiculous I was told priority codes can’t be changed.

Fun fact, this is the second dealer I ordered from that didn’t understand how to manage priority codes.
Just remember, your dealer would have to have the original dealer do all the changes. Don't worry about stepping on toes. At an 80 priority, the dealer is telling the Rep that car is not that important at this time. If I remember correctly Priority 20 is the highest priority a dealer can place on a dealer (Stock) order, the lowest is 99.

Sponsored

Raven9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 1967 Mercury Cougar
Congrats is in order. And to top it off you were one of the early orders so it’s nice to see an early order getting a VIN. Truly happy for you and hope May comes quickly for you. But if you’ve waited since July I’m sure this wait will be easy
Thanks Chuck. Its been a long wait, well before the order bank opened up so this should fly by. I'm hoping everyone gets a vin real soon so everyone can enjoy this beast of a car.

VERN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
VERN
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500
Thanks Chuck. Its been a long wait, well before the order bank opened up so this should fly by. I'm hoping everyone gets a vin real soon so everyone can enjoy this beast of a car.

VERN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
VERN
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500
If anyone is considering paying for the car with there recently devalued mutual funds, that would be another big hit on top of a dealer markup. Might be better to arrange financing or other bucket. This is making the wait more expensive and the purchase in an unstable economy something to think about.

FreedomGC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 GT350, 2011 GT500, 2020 GT500
ordered when the order banks opened, still unsched material hold

dsz blade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT PP1
Feel a little bad that all I’ve done this week is complain but I was issued a vin yesterday (2654).

Snoopy did add some clarification in a PM that since my order was purchased from a different dealer, it was difficult for my dealer to track the order on their end. I thought they’d had a little more insight.

Sponsored

VERN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
VERN
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500
Feel a little bad that all I’ve done this week is complain but I was issued a vin yesterday (2654).

Snoopy did add some clarification in a PM that since my order was purchased from a different dealer, it was difficult for my dealer to track the order on their end. I thought they’d had a little more insight.
congtats you deserve it

Deviruchi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 (L0646)
If anyone is considering paying for the car with there recently devalued mutual funds, that would be another big hit on top of a dealer markup. Might be better to arrange financing or other bucket. This is making the wait more expensive and the purchase in an unstable economy something to think about.
I was really fortunate because I knew I would need this money for the car as of last summer and therefore took it out of the market then. Not timing the market, just not a good idea to invest your short term liquidity needs in stocks.

VERN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
VERN
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500
more good news

UAW asking for big 3 to have 2 wk shut down with coronavirus threat. Saw on MSN website

Red1991LX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
1993 MODFOX
An opportunity presented itself for a car in PA and I jumped on it. Now to make amends with my other dealer in Nebraska. They were not happy to hear I purchased elsewhere but in light of recent events I was not confident they would come through this summer. Anyone have experience with getting deposits back for unfulfilled orders?
392AE0E7-8A5B-49D8-B24A-54373F144867.jpeg

dsz blade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT PP1
Look over everything you have in writing. If you didn’t sign anything stating it’s non-refundable, they should return it. If they won’t, dispute it with your credit card company if you used a card.

I disputed a deposit with Citi and they credited immediately. Took 2.5 months to fully resolve but they sided with me.
Sponsored