OP
OP

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
My tuner was Lund Jr. I haven’t had a revision since my Tremec went in. I don’t get why this is an issue now as plenty before me had cruise control corrected in their tunes.

RubberFeet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stewart
Vehicle(s)
S550
Thanks for the reply. I think that this will resolve itself. I just thought it was a strange comment coming from a different tuner than I was originally working with. As noted, I have time to work all this out. Just got it back from the shop with the new diff gears (4.09). Big difference.....I am going to like this when all is broken in. A little rough through out right now. Will comment later when a few miles are clocked. Have to wait a bit - bad weather for two weeks.

ponie1992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red PP GT
Update on mine:
My cruise control is finally working and the misfire codes may have been my fault. Can't remember for the life of me if I did a crank relearn after the last time the clutch was out. Flashed the newest tune last night and followed up with crank relearn and KAM reset. Finished bedding in the drag brakes and all seems well atm.

aleccesarenriquez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Update on mine:
My cruise control is finally working and the misfire codes may have been my fault. Can't remember for the life of me if I did a crank relearn after the last time the clutch was out. Flashed the newest tune last night and followed up with crank relearn and KAM reset. Finished bedding in the drag brakes and all seems well atm.
Your only electrical is the bowler harness correct? I have a couple of harnesses but not entirely sure what each does. My reverse light and camera come on so I'm pretty sure that's a portion of it. Also I think another one might be the reverse lockout. Is your reverse gear really stiff to get into? Like you have to stiff arm it from the side lol?

Sponsored

OP
OP

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Update on mine:
Glad you finally got the tuner on board with the issue. Now get out there and enjoy it plus let me know how the first track day goes.

Your only electrical is the bowler harness correct? I have a couple of harnesses but not entirely sure what each does. My reverse light and camera come on so I'm pretty sure that's a portion of it. Also I think another one might be the reverse lockout. Is your reverse gear really stiff to get into? Like you have to stiff arm it from the side lol?
If your reverse lockout solenoid is connected properly, the effort to get in reverse is like going into any other gear. Unconnected and you're arm wrestling with a pro.

aleccesarenriquez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Glad you finally got the tuner on board with the issue. Now get out there and enjoy it plus let me know how the first track day goes.

If your reverse lockout solenoid is connected properly, the effort to get in reverse is like going into any other gear. Unconnected and you're arm wrestling with a pro.
Welp. It's a tossup if I fix it now though, since my right arm tricep has been looking pretty nice since I did the swap :crackup:

ponie1992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red PP GT
The Bowler harness is the only electrical I messed with. My reverse lights, camera, reverse solenoid and now cruise control all work. My trans is super easy to get into reverse when sitting still. I haven't tried while moving, tbh.

ponie1992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red PP GT

Yeah man, time to get some suspension parts installed! I can't wait to go to the track!

Alex.Envy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Question for you guys who completed the installation.

Which clutch did you go with and how is it?

I got an RST and it's very soft. Can't feel the engage and the the engage/disenage is at the very very top. I put a shim in but I heard it's not needed.
Looking to get something that you can actually feel engage/disengage and hopefully not have a clutch point where you could sneeze and it would push the clutch pedal far enough to change gears.

Thanks

Sponsored

ponie1992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red PP GT

I got an RST and it's very soft. Can't feel the engage and the the engage/disenage is at the very very top. I put a shim in but I heard it's not needed.
Looking to get something that you can actually feel engage/disengage and hopefully not have a clutch point where you could sneeze and it would push the clutch pedal far enough to change gears.

Thanks
I went with the Ram 900S Pro Street dual disc with metallic friction discs. You can feather it to reduce chatter, but it's there. Ram had to add preload to my clutch, due to too low of engagement. If yours is engaging high, take the shim out. I assume you shimmed the slave cylinder. It may be difficult to find a clutch that you can really "feel", due to the nature of hydraulic clutches.

aleccesarenriquez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP

Thanks
I went with Mantic. Feels really nice IMO, similar to stock, but it does chatter a little bit when taking off in first gear. Only other issue is when the pedal is pressed to the floor hard, there is a bit of grinding from overextending the TOB (I'm guessing), but I never press the pedal that hard anyways (even during aggressive shifting) so it's not a huge concern. I was thinking about putting a small rubber spacer on the back of the pedal to be extra safe.

All in all, I think the clutch works really well. I previously had an RXT and while it did drive nicely as well, it ate up the T56's input shaft over time (ended up rebuilding the T56 for synchro issues and that's when I found out).

RubberFeet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stewart
Vehicle(s)
S550
Mentioning the RXT chewing up input shaft (mine is the RST), was it the splines? Your slight depressing of the clutch? I went with the McLeod before I knew better. How many miles before you had issues? To do over I think the Tilton would be my choice. How do you like the Mantic? I know, way too many ??s.

aleccesarenriquez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Mentioning the RXT chewing up input shaft (mine is the RST), was it the splines? Your slight depressing of the clutch? I went with the McLeod before I knew better. How many miles before you had issues? To do over I think the Tilton would be my choice. How do you like the Mantic? I know, way too many ??s.
I'm assuming the splines were probably worn down from the heavy use. I picked it up from a friend and he daily drove it for about a year so I assume there were at least 15k miles on the setup (no track use though).

When we swapped, I noticed the discs from the RXT had been exposed to a good bit of heat and I since had a Mantic laying around, I just ordered the 26 spline discs and threw it in. Loving it so far and haven't had annoying lockout or slipping issues.

As far as the Tilton goes, I don't have experience with one but a couple of guys on here seem to like theirs.

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
RXT here for three years...no issues...it feathers, as much as you can feather a on/off clutch.
Sponsored