Sponsored

DOES ANYONE ACTUALLY HAVE THE "GURNEY FLAP" ON THEIR CAR????

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
JFC, hahahaha !!!

Good start to the weekend, I said f*** it at noon, fired up the beverages, mowed the lawn (70 here, needed one more for the rest of "winter"), moved the giant Christmas tree from the garage, the smaller one to the front living room, moved a sofa, ordered some gifts ...

... and then I read this post :D

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Mowing the lawn and attending to the Christmas tree in the same day. My dude, you are living the dream!

TLDR: The Rustbelt sucks.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
JFC, hahahaha !!!

Good start to the weekend, I said f*** it at noon, fired up the beverages, mowed the lawn (70 here, needed one more for the rest of "winter"), moved the giant Christmas tree from the garage, the smaller one to the front living room, moved a sofa, ordered some gifts ...

... and then I read this post :D

I farted at noon. That's about the extent of my life's quality at the moment lol

Sponsored

OP
OP

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
LOUD NOISES!!!

CW7OLC9WMAA1KpK.jpg
YES GENTLEMEN, I do have the "Handling Package" on order and Iam truly glad I went with it. To me its well worth the $1,500 because I not only LOVE the GURNEY FLAP but I also love the FRONT WICKER SPLITTERS TOO. And now my understanding is that they are going to include the "OIL SEPERATOR/CATCH CAN" too. Its a bargain my friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
YES GENTLEMEN, I do have the "Handling Package" on order and Iam truly glad I went with it. To me its well worth the $1,500 because I not only LOVE the GURNEY FLAP but I also love the FRONT WICKER SPLITTERS TOO. And now my understanding is that they are going to include the "OIL SEPERATOR/CATCH CAN" too. Its a bargain my friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great Chuck!
I plan on getting it also when I order a 2021.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Somewhat related conversation on the GT350 forum. Some 2019+ GT350 Handling Pkg folks received only one set of screws for their Gurney flap, and some received two sets but both short. Worth checking.

Per below I received two different sets, short ones already installed in the swing and longer ones in a package with the Gurney. There is no part number on the package.
Package.jpg

Gurney.jpg

Based on the ongoing conversation, I mounted the Gurney using only the two center holes--one long and one short screw. Although I probably wouldn't have thought twice about it if I only had only received short screws, in a "side-by-side" comparison the difference was very noticeable.

I would definitely NOT trust the short screws to hold the Gurney when driving at speed.

I also reinserted a long screw without the Gurney to confirm that the longer ones would protrude--confirmed. The short screws are needed for when the Gurney is not attached.

Bottom line: worth checking and following up with FP if both sets of mounting screws were not included with your Gurney flap.

DSC_0055.jpg

While playing with all of this I had an "aha moment," or one may say an @Epiphany, regarding the perimeter tape Anderson sends with the CF Swing. The Gurney has perimeter tape to prevent it from marring the Swing. Perhaps AC has confused which part needs perimeter tape and doesn't realize the Swing, being permanently attached, mounts with 3M. Just a thought for @Anderson Composites consideration.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cab, would you happen to know the underhead length as well as thread pitch for the fasteners?

Sponsored

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Cab, would you happen to know the underhead length as well as thread pitch for the fasteners?
No problem with the length: 15mm

I don't have a pitch gauge, but best I can tell, pitch is 1.0

Can take a better quality picture in a couple hours if helpful
measurement.jpg

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you.

OP
OP

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
Does the factory car come with both sets of screws???? I will admit with this stock market selloff I have not had the time to visit this site much in the last 2 weeks.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Does the factory car come with both sets of screws???? I will admit with this stock market selloff I have not had the time to visit this site much in the last 2 weeks.
That seems to be the issue behind this discussion.

2019+ GT350 Handling packages, which come with Gurney flaps, should come with two sets of screws.

Same true of the 2020 GT500

The screws should be of different lengths.

I was a lucky one who received that setup. Several others either received only one set or two of the same (short) size.

Not sure if it's because I had an early build, a mistake on Ford's part, or something with the dealers.

Most likely a Ford mistake, because the Gurney flap is in sealed plastic and the screws are in there with it (although mine had been opened by the "curious" dealer.

OP
OP

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
That seems to be the issue behind this discussion.

2019+ GT350 Handling packages, which come with Gurney flaps, should come with two sets of screws.

Same true of the 2020 GT500

The screws should be of different lengths.

I was a lucky one who received that setup. Several others either received only one set or two of the same (short) size.

Not sure if it's because I had an early build, a mistake on Ford's part, or something with the dealers.

Most likely a Ford mistake, because the Gurney flap is in sealed plastic and the screws are in there with it (although mine had been opened by the "curious" dealer.
Will the short ones be ok in your opinion???? I ordered the handling package because I love the gurney flap and also the front end Wicker bills.
Sponsored